1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackwood and mammoth molar

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Todor Hristov, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Todor Hristov

Todor Hristov KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 21, 2017
    Hello guys , let me show you my latest knife. This one is also with a mammoth molar piece. I tried new pattern on the inox spacers this time.They are below the level of the handle and all the edges are chamfered. I was looking for some nice contrast to the blue tooth , so I
    chose the blackwood. The shape and the drawings on the sheath are matched with the elements of the knife. For me, this one ranks with my best knives. I hope that you will like it too.

Steel - Elmax 60 - 61 HRC.
    OAL - 258 mm (~10.1").
    Blade - 129Х25Х3.8mm (~5x1x0.15") flat grind with secondary bevel and false edge.
    Blade finish - p 800.
    Handle - african blackwood, stabilized mammoth tooth and inox.
    Leather sheath with wooden inlay.
    Weight with/without sheath: 159/212 grams.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More pics

(sorry for the unfocusing on some parts of the video)

olymon, john april, Cro and 5 others like this.
  2. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    That really adds to an already fine knife....your sheath is superb, too. :cool:

3. Todor Hristov

Todor Hristov KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 21, 2017
    Thank you Dawkind.