1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 17 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KaBar Becker BK 15 Mini Camp!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK 15, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 27; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Blackwood and mammoth molar

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Todor Hristov, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Todor Hristov

Todor Hristov KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 21, 2017
    Hello guys , let me show you my latest knife. This one is also with a mammoth molar piece. I tried new pattern on the inox spacers this time.They are below the level of the handle and all the edges are chamfered. I was looking for some nice contrast to the blue tooth , so I
    chose the blackwood. The shape and the drawings on the sheath are matched with the elements of the knife. For me, this one ranks with my best knives. I hope that you will like it too.

Steel - Elmax 60 - 61 HRC.
    OAL - 258 mm (~10.1").
    Blade - 129Х25Х3.8mm (~5x1x0.15") flat grind with secondary bevel and false edge.
    Blade finish - p 800.
    Handle - african blackwood, stabilized mammoth tooth and inox.
    Leather sheath with wooden inlay.
    Weight with/without sheath: 159/212 grams.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More pics

(sorry for the unfocusing on some parts of the video)

olymon, john april, Cro and 5 others like this.
  2. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    That really adds to an already fine knife....your sheath is superb, too. :cool:

3. Todor Hristov

Todor Hristov KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 21, 2017
    Thank you Dawkind.