Blackwood Burl!!

I got that stick of wood on a trade. Maybe enough for ~10 handles. Never seen it before or since. Aubrey actually had it. I was stunned at how gorgeous it is in person. But it just looks like regular Blackwood in a pic and they have sat around. Its sad, because its some of the most beautiful wood I've ever used. That one is gorgeous. I'm glad you got it Abe.

Thanks Andy. I'm glad too.

I bet any more that you make with that wood won't sit around for long. On second thoughts I should have kept the secret until I bought all the knives in this wood [emoji848]

Well...now I know with 100% assurance how I would like my Woodsman to be setup. Oh shit, did I just say that out loud :eek:

I knew... ;)

I also really liked that black wood burl Sylvrfalcen that Andy claimed the following Monday after it's FF batch/release.

I looked at that one quite a bit that Friday as well as during the weekend but a shortage of funds and the thicker steel caused me to hold back. It was real looker! :thumbup:

That is, without a doubt, the prettiest example of blackwood i have seen. Congrats on sharking it and thanks for posting up the pictures!

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Got lucky with this one but don't think will have a chance to score any more that come up in this wood.

This wood continues to frustrate me as far as taking decent pics is concerned. Here are a few half decent ones I could manage.

Going to give up trying to capture the real beauty of this wood and start enjoying it.

DSC01645_zpsathrblcu.jpg

DSC01650_zpswrejqyhs.jpg

DSC01647_zpsaucyt1tf.jpg

DSC01651_zpscy8bm7qv.jpg

This wood continues to frustrate me as far as taking decent pics is concerned. Here are a few half decent ones I could manage.

Going to give up trying to capture the real beauty of this wood and start enjoying it.

Oh thank goodness, I am already having difficulty scraping up the funds to purchase other wooden handled models for the project I am working on. Adding more choices is NOT helping me :p

Back