Blackwood vs African Blackwood...one in the same?

Hi all, I presented this question in the Fleamarket Mung thread a little earlier, but I think it would get more visibility out here and I think there may be others with the same question.

So please forgive me for double posting, but if a Fiddleback is listed as "Blackwood" is that always assumed African Blackwood?

There are a handful of Fiddlebacks I've seen listed both ways in the Flea Market and in the in the Fiddleback Friday Sales threads. I can't really tell a difference in them from the pictures so I was hoping someone could explain.

Are they just dropping the African from the descriptor or is this a different type of wood all together? I'd mainly just like to know if the color is natural. I would assume if it was dyed it would be listed as such, but you know what assuming gets ya...

And I can't believe that toboggan went today so fast. I was planning on snagging it, but since the toboggans are way under-rated, I ran some errands expecting that I'd snag it at about the :45 min mark when I got home. Nope, not today!

While I would go so far to say that they are all beautiful; Fortunately that one wasn’t the “blackwood” I have my eye on ;-)

Back