Blade angle on my new Leek G-10?

I bought a Lansky sharpener to keep my Leek sharp, did some googling around, determined that general-purpose knives have 25-degree angle edges. I lost that knife, and my new one is obviously much sharper. I measured this edge with a machinist's protractor, looks like 20-degrees. Is 25-degrees really the norm for this type knife? I bought this knife for the S30V blade material, I know a bit about metals, this should hold an edge very well.
How would it hold up if I sharpened it to a sharper angle, like 15-degrees? I use my knives hard, lots of cardboard boxes and plastic wrap. I don't mind sharpening regularly, but I don't want to be fixing dings if that's likely.

Based on what you've said about how you'll use it, I'd go with 20 degrees. IMHO, that would be the best all around edge for your use.

That sounds like what I figured, it cuts very well new, I'll just keep it that way. I figured I'd have to sharpen more often with a more acute angle, would it cut significantly better?

A leek has a fairly thin blade and is not meant for heavy duty cutting. I would think it would be a good candidate for a 15 degree edge. Cutting a lot is not necessarily heavy duty. If you are mainly cutting cardboard and softer materials it should hold up fine.

Also, unless you got diamond stones with your lansky, it will take awhile to reprofile that S30V blade. But if you don't mind sharpening its not a huge task.

Thanks. Since that's the advice I was hoping to hear, I'll run with it! I don't mind sharpening, it's got to be done. I have a whole machine shop at my disposal, but I can't think of a way to do this on a surface grinder. I may make a better Lansky.

Back