Blade being centered?

I contacted Heretic so I will see what they say. I may just leave it alone as well.
I've never heard or them or handled one. But their site does boast thier exquisite craftsmanship, I'd be interested in how they respond.
20210119-013320.jpg

Edit: actually read the whole thread. I'm glad they got you a return envelope and centered blade!

Last edited:
Yes, Heretic responded very fast, corrected the problem, and got the knife back to me right away. I am happy with the service and knife but I do wonder how that knife snuck out the door in the first place.

With all the latest technology being used to make knives, computer designs,cnc machines,laser cutting, i just cant imagine how theres knives coming to us w offcenter blades.If its a hair off i can deal w it,but if its noticable it is totaly unacceptable,considering what we are paying for these things..

Agreed. It is a mystery to me how a company like CRKT can get blades centered and yet more expensive knives from other companies come to us with blades off center.

I can’t help but wonder how many cases of buyer’s remorse happen with knife purchases due to off center blades.

I know I am not buying anymore Hinderer knives. I just received a new XM-18 3" and the blade is not perfectly centered. Their solution was for me to try and fix their mistake. Sorry but for $425.00 for a pocket knife I am not fixing anything. I already have a XM-24 4" and it is fine. I was going to buy the XM-18 3.5" but going to pass on that now.

Yes, Heretic responded very fast, corrected the problem, and got the knife back to me right away. I am happy with the service and knife but I do wonder how that knife snuck out the door in the first place.
We're all human, things happen man. I would be a bit aggravated only due to having to wait longer to get the product. But making it right and getting a quality product back out is respect in my book. The market is flooded, they are plenty of options should I choose not to buy from any company.

If I'm being honest.... I've never gotten a dud knife from the factory. You only here about it more due to the internet. ;)

Back