??Blade coatings for the Battle Mistress-E, Steel Heart-E etc.??

I know that the blade coatings for the Busse Basics line is not that durable and can come off a little easily. I have 2 questions regaring the Busse Combat Line (BM-E, Steel Heart-E, etc.). These are:
1.) Are the coatings durable and strong. (if they come off, how easily etc.)

2.) Are the BM-E and Steel Heart-E available without the coating? I think that that would be pretty nice.

Anyway, any and all input and info would be really appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Andrew....

Just for the record, the coating DOES NOT come off easily...the Basics and the Combat line all get the same one.

As far as satin or uncoated finishes, there are no plans for uncoated blades...however, Jerry has been known to change his mind rather suddenly
smile.gif

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Fax: 1-201-493-2039
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Busse Combat Variant Temp. HQ http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/andy/sharper.htm

Sharper Instinct Website www.sharperinstinct.com

Once upon a time Jerry told me that should I beat the coating on my busse to sleep I could return it and for a charge of around 85 dollars per knife I could get it bead blasted to a matte finish. So buy your Busse with confidence and every 5 years or so you can pay Jerry to help you maintain the finish. 85 bucks aint too bad considering you're almost getting a whole new knife when it returns. I doubt that if you dull the edge up real good before sending it to Jerry he would be able to resist giving it another wicked edge before sending it back also.

------------------
If I'm goin down, I'm takin you all with me!

Well, that certainly makes me feel better. I have read a lot of reviews on the basics and on one or two of the harsher tests, some of the coating scratched off. I just got the impression that the tester scratched it off rather easily. Then again, the knives were being used to dig with etc., so they must have really taken a beating from the rocks and stuff. Sorry if I misled anybody by posting that!

:
Andy I understood that the BM at least had a different coating than the Basic line.
If I recall it right, something about some kind of ceramic or something being added too that line.
It seems that Cliff Stamp had stated something along those lines. Of course my memory ain't the best in the world either.
Could/would you check on this further?

The coating on my Basic 9 has some scrub marks on the blade, but nothing too worry about.
I have found it too be quite durable.

------------------
>>>>---¥vsa---->®

The hardy adventurer just drank from a stream he thought was pure glacier fed water not knowing that upstream was being used by a herd of yaks as a giant bidet.

I said he was hardy, not smart.:)

Khukuri FAQ

Andy :

[Coating]

the Basics and the Combat line all get the same one.

Are you sure on this, I remember reading awhile ago a post by Jerry in the main forum describing the coatings as being very different. The Combat line used to have a ceramic type coating has this changed?

-Cliff

I remember some specific questions about the coating on the BM and it was described by Andy as "metallic ceramic powdercoat". That sounds pretty impressive to me. I haven't had my BM long enough to scratch it yet. But soon I'll be able to report on it.

------------------
A knife is by default a tool, it's only a weapon when a human chooses to make it so.

Back