Blade options on UF2

I’ve been thinking about builds more and trying to make selections that highlight the design intention of the knife. On my DEK1 I put satin finish, ti screws, and a double black scales. I wanted a sort of monochrome contrasting to show the blade shape against the handle texture. Something very clean looking because the DEK1 is an everyday carry. It looks amazing in person.

On this round because the UF2 has roots as a service knife I’m going with od green terotuf, double-edged point, and acid wash. I think the acid wash will nicely highlight the thumb grooves between the black micarta liners and will show all the various planes down the blade down the spine to the double edge tip. Against the spine, the polished edge should contrast from the base all the way through the tip. I love the DEF but not being made of infinite money this seemed like a fun, purposeful build without getting too cost insane and the price puts it square in comparison with the guccigear knives of Spartan Blades and Toor.

Not too sure about the screw colors. I tend not to like the black so I’m leaving them plain stainless for now.

Anyway, that’s my thinking these days. May as well do something interesting if you’re going to spend a bit more to go past the base model.

I’m really looking forward to when this somehow happens. I think that it is a great option. I was trying to figure out how I might do it, but I don’t want to screw up a perfectly good knife :eek:
Mike, I am one of the guys who asked for sharpened tips on the DEK1s I got. I think it is about as perfect as one could want for having two edges on that particular model. I don’t believe a full dagger grind would add much to it.

Now, I could maybe see fit to send one of those extremely rare DEK1s your way if you thought you had something I might like in return. (I’ll give you a hint, it rhymes with Bingenheimer, like, exactly like it……)

Marc, I was somewhat thinking (a lot of my thinking is “somewhat”☺️), that a dagger ground DEK1 would be akin to a Loveless New York Special or Shiv, only a bit larger and more “capable”.

You make a very clean presentation for the sharpened tip being the proper configuration - right up to bringing Mr. Bingenheimer into the equation! Such a smooth move!☺️ You had me thinking! But, I would expect that you are as attached to yours (Bing’s knives) as I am to mine. The sharpened tip on the Dek1’s do look pretty darn fine, though. Mike

Obviously if you can afford both, that would be IMO your best scenario, If not GO WITH the ONE YOU FIRST DRAWN TO

Both have their Pro's and Con's
I Love both of them (But the Dagger Grind is just plain NASTY-(in a good way;))

Hope this helps, and Good luck with your Decision

This is exactly what i did i got me one of each and one for my stepdad...the single edge with a penetrator tip with buffed double black micarta with the blue titanium fasterns will be my EDC and my double edge full dagger grind with buffed black linen micarta will be my safequeen/ investment/trade piece ! My stepdads is single edge with the penetrator tip with unbuffed grey terotuf scales

Frc505

Anyone got a close up pic of the penetrator tip on a Utility fighter ? Or any other CPK blade i would very much appreciate it !...

Frc505 aka Frank Cervantes

Last edited:
The tale of 2 MC’s, left has the penetrator tip, right is standard.

ox7ZBYQ.png

Back