Blade play...

I just received a Model 1 SnG, Tanto. There is a bit of vertical blade play. There is a small gap between the mono-lock and blade base. When I grip the handle, the lock moves toward the G-10 and it is solid, but as soon as I release my grip, the lock springs back away from the G-10. Is there anyhting I would be able to do myself to repair this, or would I need to send the knife back to Strider? Anyone else experiencing blade play? Thanks for your help.

tatsu,

Had the same problem with my Model 1 Tanto. Sent it to the shop and it was fixed and sent back the same week. Call the shop they will do you right.

Something you might want to try is taking your SnG apart, cleaning and lubing it. I've seen other knives change, mainly for the better after being field stripped, cleaned and lubed.

It probably won't help, but what do you have to lose? It can't hurt. It's also very easy to do, if you have the (one) correct torx needed. I did mine last night. It was easier than a Sebenza, which is pretty easy. FWIW, I used Chris Reeve flourinated grease. I also adjusted the clip tension and pivot. This is one easy to maintain knife.

Hmmm, thats weird. Just the other day i was fortunate enough to play with and examine about 40 brand new SNG2's, approx. half SP, half tanto, and folks, not a single one had the slightest blade play in any direction. Oh well, i guess it was bound to happen on a few, but definitely get it fixed, im sure if you send it in, Mick will fix it quickly and problem solved.

No, I didn't loctite the pivot screw. Since then, I've probably cycled the blade 100 times and it hasn't loosened a bit. I've even adjusted it a few times, still no loosening.

Back