BLADE SHOW ’07 – Show us what you got; Please!

Here's another beauty Jerry will be bringing to the SHOW.

This little intergal is a sweetie. It is based upon an old Samuel Bell dirk. This one measures 3/4 inch blade width at its widest and over 8 inches blade length. Spine thickness is approx 3/16 inch. It has a chisel ground clip and a fuller groove that I hand cut in on the one side as the orginial had both done up like this. I used 1/2 inch round stock of 1095 that came from the Nickelson file company in bar stock before they processed it for files. I have a limited supply of this material. This knife is delicate yet really strong for its size.

I have the antique elephant ivory handle fitted up, now is time to start fitting the pommel. I will use a .040 thousands thick piece of copper then a stainless pommel. The pommel itself will be engraved with maybe a touch of gold inlay. This is just a nasty little piece and I am really excited about it.
I plan at this time on making a few of these, so you can go ahead and say it now, I know you want to. "Who's your Boo Daddy"

Bladeshow-07-Boodaddy231d.jpg

Bladeshow-07-Boodaddy231.jpg

DevilFish Fighter, 10.5" blade, 416ss fittings, stabilized box elder, bitchin hardening line.

IMG_0029.JPG

Maumee Bowie, 9" blade, bronze fittings, green canvas, hamon.

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

Bowie

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

Camp Bowie

IMG_0057.JPG

Fighter

IMG_0059.JPG

Buckeye Bowie, 9" blade, 416ss fittings, stabilized box elder burl, Jackson Pollock inspired hamon.

IMG_0074.JPG

I'll have a few others too. I might take a few more images of the hamon...if I get bored ;) :).

OUTSTANDING stuff Matt!!!

Not a single one that I don't like. Love 'em all. Great lines and they all look SUPA' CLEAN!

I could be wrong, I haven't checked the rules lately, but I think the 5 test knives are supposed to have at least one pin. Might have just been a rumor I heard.

On a side note- You're some seriously stiff competition there ass clown :eek:

:D ;)

Matt and I like to talk to each other like that, just in case any of you stiffs are offended by it ;)

edited to add that I went and looked at the testing rules and there is nothing about pins in the show knives, so I should have just kept my mouth shut ;)

"Assclown"... you're a weiner ;).

I'm going to teach you the fine art of the hidden pin at the show. It's criminal to ruin a fine handle with a garrish pin ;) :).

Anyone else want to show their cards as to what they got cooking
for BLADE?
Only three weeks until, got to be some pieces out of the oven. :D

The Fisk Boo Daddy is an outstanding knife. Not only does it have my favorite "IVORY", but the blade. is out of this world. Looks modern, yet it is from Sam Bell. Way to go you Ozark-American!:thumbup:

That Fisk is awesome, and I appreciate that it is something different from Jerry. I think that he should do more unusual pieces like this.

That Fisk is awesome, and I appreciate that it is something different from Jerry. I think that he should do more unusual pieces like this.

I was thinking just that today, as I was looking over the knives Jerry has ready for both blade and his micro show. Very versatile these days. Even with the recent Senderos with the rear bolsters and frame handles. Kind of a new refreshing twist to a very established and well know design.

The Fisk Boo Daddy is an outstanding knife. Not only does it have my favorite "IVORY", but the blade. is out of this world. Looks modern, yet it is from Sam Bell. Way to go you Ozark-American!:thumbup:

I agree Chuck, a very modern, sleek, artsy look to an old classic design.
Very much like the car companies are trying so hard to do today. ;)

This is Jerry's classic ladder pattern damascus blade. He calls it a Bowie/Fighter due to the point being a little lower than his normal bowies. The blade measures 9 1/4 inch long and is approx 1 5/8 inch wide. Jerry carved the pommel to fit the grooves in the stag.
This piece will have substancial engraving. I will post up another photo after it's been finished.

NLT42007-bladeshow.jpg

Seems like this thread was lacking something, so here are a couple of teaser folder blade pics.

The first one is Rados ladder pattern that has been sculpted in an Art Deco design.

The second is Daryl Meier 4 bar Turkish Twist that I forged to shape, and yes those are swinguards made of Devin Thomas ladder pattern damascus.

I'll post more as the show approaches.
Regards,
Chuck

Here's a big one that Anders and Don partnered up on for the Blade Show.
Don did the big 19" blade and Anders the handle.

Khyber-Jambiya.jpg

Khyber-Jambiya_handle.jpg

Ilike the Boo Daddy very much.

Matt's knives are awesome too. I like the canvas micarta + bronze combination.

Thanks Kevin, we'll have Coop shoot it "right" at the show but thought an early viewing would be good.
This thread is useless wihout pictures of DON HANSON'S TEST KNIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!
:p :D That is an amazing piece you and Anders did....But what do you call something like that? A scandi-bowie boarding cutlass? lol

Who is testing for either stamp this round? I thought Nick was already a JS. If he is testing, then my evil scheme of testing in '08 may have to be postponed unless I can get into Jerry's Intro class in December because I'm not sure I can get good enough in 12 months on my own...:eek: :p :D

Back