BLADE SHOW ’2012 – Show us what you got; Please!

Beautiful, Kevin. IMO you do that feather pattern as well as anybody. It never gets old to me.

Thanks Ken. On another forum I was asked if I ever made any other patterns. I use to, but as you so well put it feather pattern "never gets old" and that is why I keep making it. Infinite ways to make it and try new ideas (as in all damascus). Are you going to the show?- kc

Last knife for Blade. Just finished this one.

10 3/4 inch W-2 blade, clay-hardened for hamon.

Stainless guard and "filed-to-stag" reverse domed butt-cap.

Damascus collar and finial.

Stag taper handle.

The knife is a full take-down, with the tang cast inside the stag with epoxy, "chopper strong."

I'll be making a damascus topped "Take-down" tool, containing spare assembly pins, and sending the knife home from Blade with Paul Long for a custom sheath.

Come by table 3-Q and have a look.

John

c8b48e81.jpg

c301b9ca.jpg

John - that stag number is just dreamy. Kevin - love the extra pointy top knife in that trio. Karl - digging that fighter a whole bunch, and the sheath looks fantastic.

Roger

Krazy Maple Hunter!!
It just dawned on me that there are three people represented here in this knife, me, Scott Teaschner and Pete Crowl.
Of course, me - the knife, Scott - the sheath, and what you guys may not know, is that Pete Crowl, J.S., creates this spalted maple.
To do it requires Pete to cut down a certain sized maple tree at just the time of year so that it contains the right amount of sap.
Then he cuts it up, covers it up and baby sits it out in the woods for a year or more always keeping it at the right moisture, checking for spalting, etc., etc.
Then he has to cut it up into blocks, dry it, stabilize it, and so forth.
And I'm proud to have it on this knife.
Thanks, Pete and Scott.
1095 Hot-blued Damascus, hot-blued mild steel take-down fittings, stabilized spalted maple handle and Cape Buffalo/tooled sheath.

KrazyMaple1.jpg

Last edited:
Good day to everyone here!

Caleb just finished taking this picture for me and I thought I would add it here. It's my CKCA mini knife show knife which may be on my table for a little while here and there during the show. The blade is 9" long and is forged from 1080 and 15N20 in "W" feather pattern damascus. The handle is Sambar stag and the fittings are feather pattern too. The front spacers are blued and file-worked and the middle damascus spacer has been inlayed with 24K gold wire.

I think Caleb did, yet again, a fine job on the pic. He will be coming to the show too.

See you all at the show! :D

#135 by Kyle Royer, on Flickr

#135 by Kyle Royer, on Flickr

I can show you what my table will look like. Knive are not real fancy , but just things that I like to make.
100_3034.jpg

John I really like this knife............It needs to come to my house!!!

Gonna be a hard decision this year!!!!!!!

Hey All

Thanks for the kind words, the Damascus was good fun to make, smoosh it one way then smoosh it the other and there it is. John the Bowie you finished came out beautiful. Look forward to seeing you too Joe. Right I'm off to catch a few Z's, then sit down in a tin can and watch 7 movies in a row! See you all there.

Buddy Thomason just finished this great photo of the knife that I made for the CKCA Mini Show.

Blade Steel: 1084

Handle Material: Mammoth Ivory

Fittings Material: Sterling Silver

Blade Length: 6"

Overall Length: 10 3/4"

7155848841_5d9abbd2cb_o.jpg

7155848841_322d72a003.jpg

I hate to post My photos among all these Pro shots. But will have Coop do some of these at the show. :eek:

See ya'll soon!

bluefolder1-1.jpg

bluefolder2.jpg

3bowie5.jpg

smallbowie2.jpg

folder1.jpg

lilbowie4.jpg

bladefighter1-1.jpg

bigbowie2.jpg

Last edited:
Don,
Boy I like everyone couldn't pick a favorite, guess they are all my favorite.

ArtinNC: Some of us aren't into real fancy, or couldn't afford it if we were.

Back