Blade Show 2017 Roll Call

zmbhntr

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿
Gold Member
Blade Show is now only 3 months away! As I did the last two years, I'll be traveling down with my buddy that got me hooked on Busse knives a few years back. Who else is planning to attend this year?

For those people on the fence, I honestly cannot stress enough that you try to make the trip. Busse is obviously a highlight of the show for me, but there are many many fantastic knife makers at the show. Blade Show is an excellent experience, and even though it's the world's largest knife show, there are tons of other things to see there like custom flashlights and all sorts of other EDC gear. It's also fun to watch the Bladesports World Championship Knife Cutting Competition that takes place at the show.

Above all, getting to hang out with the Busse crew (and people on this forum) for three nights is priceless. Experiences are worth far more than possessions, so even if it means buying less knives, start planning now so that you can attend Blade Show!

If you attend Blade Show, you can become an inducted Hog, Rat, or Dog!

Last edited:
Hey Ben
Its funny U mentioned Blade Show this morning, I just busted out the BG AK that you got me last year, right before reading this thread.
As much as id wana go to Blade, I think this year ill just start saving money for whatever toys you and others bring back for us not fortunate enough to go.
aae4b9d7aa11ca0aae61407c4254324e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

That is a nice AK buddy, great looking puppy too! I think you should come to Blade though and just buy less knives. ;)

My daughter and I plan to be there. We missed last year so we're ready to make up for it.

My daughter and I plan to be there. We missed last year so we're ready to make up for it.

That's great to hear, Fogo de Chao was not the same without you last year!

It is my plan to go the first one after we get moved back Stateside!!! (Only 2.5 more years [emoji51])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of now, I'm slated to be out of town for work,, I may need a proxy :D

Booked my room last night. Extended Stay America Cumberland Mall has rates of 84.99 a night as of last night. The room rates are much higher this year because of some ballgame that weekend.

I plan to be there. Hotel booked for 3 nights already. Still have to come back with more INFI than I went with.

Rugghogg will be there! Last year was my first year and can't wait to get back.

Blade Show is now only 3 months away! As I did the last two years, I'll be traveling down with my buddy that got me hooked on Busse knives a few years back. Who else is planning to attend this year?

For those people on the fence, I honestly cannot stress enough that you try to make the trip. Busse is obviously a highlight of the show for me, but there are many many fantastic knife makers at the show. Blade Show is an excellent experience, and even though it's the world's largest knife show, there are tons of other things to see there like custom flashlights and all sorts of other EDC gear. It's also fun to watch the Bladesports World Championship Knife Cutting Competition that takes place at the show.

Above all, getting to hang out with the Busse crew (and people on this forum) for three nights is priceless. Experiences are worth far more than possessions, so even if it means buying less knives, start planning now so that you can attend Blade Show!

Since your buddy got you hooked I think the show should be on his dime. =)

Since your buddy got you hooked I think the show should be on his dime. =)

Funny thing is that he got me hooked on Busse and then my addiction surpassed his. I on the other hand got him hooked on guns, and his addiction has surpassed mine.

Rugghogg will be there! Last year was my first year and can't wait to get back.

Fantastic!

Ill be there, bringing 12 this year from the west Coast...

That is a good sized crew. Hopefully none are long armed high jumping expert card catchers (at the Busse booth), haha.

Can someone either post here or PM me few tips for the 1st time Blade show Attendees,
I'd be flying in, so like what day is it better to arrive/leave and stuff like that, things to bring, (i dont travel that much)

How do you go about getting tickets ? Are the Early birds/Vip passes worth it ? (Assuming you one can buy them)

Can someone either post here or PM me few tips for the 1st time Blade show Attendees,
I'd be flying in, so like what day is it better to arrive/leave and stuff like that, things to bring, (i dont travel that much)

You want to fly in Thursday, the line starts forming for early bird access quite early Friday morning. Also, there is a Busse Fogo de Chao dinner on Thursday (we can all attend but we pay for our own meal there). I believe I was in line before 6 am and I was at least 30 people back from the front last year. In regards to what to bring, bring half as many clothes as you think you will need and twice as much money! Last year I bought a folding char for ~$10 from a department store so that I would have a comfortable place to sit for the 6+ hours I was in line. I have always left on Sunday, the show is pretty quite on Sunday compared to Friday and Saturday.

Early bird tickets are absolutely worth it. I would hold off on buying them just yet though, Busse usually has quite a few VIP (early bird) tickets available that they are happy to mail out to people here. With the Busse VIP pass you get to purchase an early bird ticket at the show for $20 instead of paying full price.

Back