Blade Show 2017 - Who Is Going?

I'll be down this year too, just made my reservations a few days ago. I hope things have been good around here on the forums, I'm certainly out of touch and for that I apologize - I miss you guys! It'll be good to see you all again and get caught up on things.

- Ken
Better come see me or I'll throw something at you while you're talking to Andy and the gang (I won't be throwing rocks....).

ps - I'm at my regular table 5-J, so no excuse.

Last edited:
What an awesome Blade Show we had this year folks. I missed a bunch of you, but I made a lot of new friends, and got to spend time with lots of old friends too. We did well, and I got lots of ideas about the mill. I'm excited.

Alright, I'll get this train moving.
Let me first begin by saying how great it was to meet up with all of the old, familiar faces this year as well as getting to know some new forum friends too. And yes, I owe Bob a dollar!
This year was a last minute trip to Bladeshow for me. In order to make it, I really had to hustle up to the last minute to finish a project I was working on. This equated to a seemingly out-of-body experience for me walking around at the show. It didn't help that a couple of good 'ole friends, (Peter, Phil) and I decided to get in line at the wee early hours of Friday morning with all of the other Bladeshow maniacs. :eek: BTW, what is this Lucky 13 thing?

In all, I had a great time. I have to admit that I got in a little trouble early with a surprising blade score that virtually slashed my Bladeshow budget. Unfortunately from there on out, I had to be very frugal with my remaining show funds. I missed out on a stellar Fiddleback that I sincerely regret passing on. Andy and Phillip, you know the one! I did however, score an elusive Fiddleback design that I've pictured below :thumbsup:. I'm really diggin' this thing.

Now, just a quick shout out to all of the guys and gals I had the pleasure of hanging out or talking with this year. Phil, Peter, Justen, Bob, Rob, Carl, Whitty and those whom I've forgot to mention. And as always, thanks to the crew of Andy, Phillip, Kyle, Dylan, Allen and Chris for all that you do.
Sorry I missed the get together on Saturday night. The Mrs. had different plans for the evening :(. That was the cost of going to the show at the very last minute. Next year though!

Here are my fixed blade scores from the show. I went home with 2 folders as well. One on order, the other not pictured.

From Left to Right: Liam Hoffman Chef knife!!! :eek: (Aka, Budget Killer!), Jeremy Spake Puukko, Nathan Carothers EDC and... BOOM! a Fiddleback Forge Hidden Tang Sylvrfalcn!

IMG_2763-vi.jpg

IMG_2757-vi.jpg

IMG_2761-vi.jpg

Here are some quick unedited cell phone photos of my Fiddleback Blade Show scores. I also picked up some knives from Osprey Knife & Tool and Carothers Performance Knives that I will post in their respective sub-forums?

I will post more photos and comments when I get back home next week.

I picked up two unique knives from Andy.

The first is a special Bourbon Street Skinner. Do you notice what is unique about it?

The second is a hidden tang guardless Bear Cub. I am already putting this one to use on our extended trip.

Thanks again Andy, Allen, Phillip & Kyle for making this a great trip. Special props to Peter & Sergio for getting in line with at 3:00 AM Friday morning. You guys rock!

Phil

Thanks again Andy, Allen, Phillip & Kyle for making this a great trip. Special props to Peter & Sergio for getting in line with at 3:00 AM Friday morning. You guys rock!

Phil

Phil, it's always great getting together with you and Peter before the show. Thanks for the Starbucks! and thank you Peter for supplying the chairs!
Two awesome Fiddleback scores right there! That Bourbon Street Skinner is something special! and the hidden tang models, well let's just say, I know what you mean ;). I do know what is unique about the Skinner, but I'll wait to see if anyone else spots it.

BTW, I'm curious to see what went home with you from Microtech? I spotted you and Melissa spending a bit of time over at their booth on Saturday. :D

Take care,

Sergio

Hey Phillip,
Always good hanging out with you at Blade! Some awesome scores right there! I had a chance to handle the Surls and the Swenson. Both stellar pieces! The Swenson almost went home with my Friday night after a quick "pit' stop in the Pit ;) And, thanks for introducing me to him on Saturday. That Reeves hatchet was quite a find.

Take care,
Sergio

Here are some quick unedited cell phone photos of my Fiddleback Blade Show scores. I also picked up some knives from Osprey Knife & Tool and Carothers Performance Knives that I will post in their respective sub-forums?

The first is a special Bourbon Street Skinner. Do you notice what is unique about it?

Phil

White accouterments (lanyard tube and pins) ?? This is closer to the definition of "tuxedo" for me :):thumbsup:

Very nice scores Phil and thanks for sharing!

Back