Blade Show 2018 - Who's Going?

We're making the trip over the big blue wobbly thing this year. Last time we did was in 2013. And I swam too! Not doing that again :D Yikes, time flies.

It's certainly a shame Busse won't be there in nuclear Mt Versuvius booth capacity, but it will still be awesome to see those who do attend, and to see Blade Show in a slighty different light.

Can't wait to catch up with friends and make some new ones. So who's making the trip?

I wish I could go! One day I'll make it.

As our appointed delegate you have to represent us Aussies well. Everywhere you go you have to say "That's not a knife!".

Have fun !! :thumbsup:

I’ll be there, it’ll be great to meet you!

I wish I could go! One day I'll make it.

As our appointed delegate you have to represent us Aussies well. Everywhere you go you have to say "That's not a knife!".

Have fun !! :thumbsup:

:D

My credit card is shaking in fear, even now.

:D

My credit card is shaking in fear, even now.

I’m not sure what you are hunting at the show, but many of the makers (especially the custom guys) don’t take credit card or even PayPal during the show. You may want to plan accordingly because the ATM’s at the show are terrible (limited withdrawal amounts and high fees). I learned that lesson the hard way the first Blade Show I attended.

Here I sit in an all too familiar situation. Wednesday before last had a heart cath so my new cardiologist could determine whether I could risk stopping Plavix for five days and having back surgery. (Number 5, I think.)

Had the back surgery on Monday. I don't bounce back as well as I once did, and now it appears I have an infection in the incision. Going back to doctor tomorrow.

I sorely want to attend Blade. Then I ask myself, "Why does a 72 year old man who likely will never walk well enough again to hunt, camp, or fish need another knife?" The reply comes, "You can still go and look." Yeah, right. So, the absence of a Busse booth this year will probably throw me into a "don't go" decision. Y'all have fun.

Just as a side note, when you come down to my condition in old age and he old beloved activities go away, watching a 13 year old grandson playing baseball, basketball, and running track; watching a 10 year old granddaughter playing baseball, basketball and flag football; being able to touch and confide in a woman who I have cherished for 46 years and unbelievably who still cherishes me; having a son and a daughter who both still call me almost every day; growing from a young skeptic to and old man of deep faith; and maxing out the 401K for many years all become priceless. I am blessed beyond measure.

Here I sit in an all too familiar situation. Wednesday before last had a heart cath so my new cardiologist could determine whether I could risk stopping Plavix for five days and having back surgery. (Number 5, I think.)

Had the back surgery on Monday. I don't bounce back as well as I once did, and now it appears I have an infection in the incision. Going back to doctor tomorrow.

I sorely want to attend Blade. Then I ask myself, "Why does a 72 year old man who likely will never walk well enough again to hunt, camp, or fish need another knife?" The reply comes, "You can still go and look." Yeah, right. So, the absence of a Busse booth this year will probably throw me into a "don't go" decision. Y'all have fun.

Just as a side note, when you come down to my condition in old age and he old beloved activities go away, watching a 13 year old grandson playing baseball, basketball, and running track; watching a 10 year old granddaughter playing baseball, basketball and flag football; being able to touch and confide in a woman who I have cherished for 46 years and unbelievably who still cherishes me; having a son and a daughter who both still call me almost every day; growing from a young skeptic to and old man of deep faith; and maxing out the 401K for many years all become priceless. I am blessed beyond measure.

Sounds like you've got it all worked out to me !

I'll be there for sure, first time going and first time with a table, so I am in high gear getting ready. Also looking forward to the infamous dinner Thursday night.

I have a few VIP Passes left if anyone would like one. First goes to Rob and anyone traveling with him unless he's already secured some - let me know Rob.

See you guys there, I'll be in the red-headed step child area (apologies to any red-headed step children) that they expanded into, so don't forget about us :)

We'll miss you Mike, but you have your priorities in order.

I found out yesterday that my 77 year old uncle is driving down with my aunt so they can hang out with me and see the show. It's pretty to me because he's the last surviving relative of my fathers and we're pretty close, not sure how much more I can do with him like this. We're definitely past getting out in the woods together.

Enjoy your family!

I’m not sure what you are hunting at the show, but many of the makers (especially the custom guys) don’t take credit card or even PayPal during the show. You may want to plan accordingly because the ATM’s at the show are terrible (limited withdrawal amounts and high fees). I learned that lesson the hard way the first Blade Show I attended.

Ahh Mike, we'll miss you mate. If you have a change of heart, remember there's always a spot at the dinner table for ya :)

We are going to have a lot of room to walk around. Maybe its just not close enough for people to be excited about it. I am counting the hours. In my work this days I don't feel that I can take off. For the past two or three years I have gone from Christmas to June without taking any days for myself so by the time Blade comes around I am so ready to go.

Myself and the Mrs. will be there, still optimistic about the lack of table. Looking forward to the "Blade Pickup" Ganzaa!
Me too. I hope they post details about that Ganza soon.

Back