Blade Show Experience

Just wanted to tell y'all how awesome Ban's knives are in person. Pictures really don't do them justice. His grinds are awesome. Ban was such a nice guy and even took time to explain his different grinds to my wife. Thanks for being a genuine nice guy Ban!!

I got to meet Ban at the Blade Show and he took time out of his busy schedule to talk to me about his fine bladeware and bought a small bowie with AEBL steel with one of the finest edge I have seen on a knife.
Thanks,
Michael

I'm actually upset I didn't get to Ban's table. I have one of his kitchen knives that easily ranks among my favorites.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas. It was a pleasure meeting and talking with so many knife nuts out there. I will try and post a few pics when I settle in a bit. Still somewhat beat from the travel.

Great meeting you, Ban! My wife loves the santoku. I'm just a little nervous about her using your knife as she is klutzy. I wish I had got your fixed blades. He who hesitates loses. Anyway, next time. Continued success!

Steve

Had a good time and met lots of good people. Only pics I took were of Bans table, I walked around a bit myself but didnt buy much. There are some items left over and I think you will be seeing some up on the exchange soon. Ill go get my camera and get a pic up.

I hate pics of myself but this one is only half terrible.

IMG_3041.jpg

I hope some are left over, well.. because I hate how so many makers bring a crap load of knives to Blade and let us at home wait.. for scraps.. :/ we forum peeps support the makers all year, we deserve some of the "special FOR BLADE only knives".. not a bash on Ban at all, just my overall feeling about how things go down! :) Give us a hint as to what is left over.. not much I imagine :)

I understand and sympathize with what your saying sloth, I have felt the same way. Though I have discovered after attending this show with Ban its not just about selling knives at Blade its about getting your name out there and letting people hold and feel your work. Lots of people want to see the product in person before they purchase a knife. They should really move the Blade venue to different parts of the country so other people who live far away will have the chance to attend. There are leftovers so get ready for a BANGanza, lol just kidding about a ganza.

Gimmejr, thanks for the thoughtful response. I can understand that (getting to see and touch the goods first). Yes they need to get a bigger west coast show.. perhaps 3 locations total.. Take it easy man!

Nice to meet you guys at the show! The blade I walked away with was even better!

[...]They should really move the Blade venue to different parts of the country so other people who live far away will have the chance to attend.[...]

YES. I could never afford to go to travel to Blade. But if they brought it out to the West Coast every once in a while, I'd definitely go.

Don't worry folks. There are plenty knives to go around. I am going through the inventory and will compile a list of knives that will be available. Check back in a few hours or sometime tomorrow.

Great meeting you, Ban! My wife loves the santoku. I'm just a little nervous about her using your knife as she is klutzy. I wish I had got your fixed blades. He who hesitates loses. Anyway, next time. Continued success!

Steve

Yes, please make sure to tell her to be careful. The ultrathin santoku is kinda sharp ;)

The following is the list of knives that are available. Please contact me via email if you are interested. I will be putting them on the exchange as time allows. All knives except the kitchen cutlery will come with a kydex sheath.

A2 Tool Steel

BT6 3/16 Black Linen

BT6 Recurve 3/16 Black Linen

BT4 3/16 Tan Canvas

BT4 Clip Point 3/16 Tan Canvas

BT4 Bushcraft 1/8 Black Linen

s35vn 1/8"

Mini Bowie Double Edge Rhino Black Linen

Clip Point EDC Random Tiger Mycarta

Lagriffe Pikal Double Edge Triple Chisel Ground

Hawkbill CPM154 1/8 Black Linen

Ultrathin .050 CPM-s35vn