Blade show west

Mark Knapp

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
So whose idea was it to move Blade Show West to California. A large part of the knife making community won't be able to sell there. Blade show East just had a half a dozen legal ivory dealers there and a couple of hundred tables with ivory on the table.

Wow.

Think of the sheer number of custom knives and supplies that can't be sold there!!

Think of the sheer number of custom knives and supplies that can't be sold there!!
Maybe we should name them, I'll start the list with;

Any kind of ivory or anything with any kind of ivory on it.

You guys know of other stuff? What kinds of knives are not legal there? Any size limits or actions?

Still waiting for everything west of the San Andreas to fall off.. Might wake some people up to the fact.life too short to let idiots make all the bullshit rules that they themselves won't follow but expect you to follow!!

AT the last CCKS, there were autos, etc. I wouldnt worry about it. Ivory has been outlawed in Ca. since 1977, why the concern, now?

Well per the web CCKS had only 49 exhibitors, so would draw less attention. I note that on the BSW website it says “Foremost in our decision is the fact that Long Beach is knife-friendly in ways that many of the other venues we considered are not." However it doesn't mention anything about the risk to vendors of displaying items not permitted by CA law. Nor can they.

I'd love to go. Not sure about when the border will be reopened, but it looks likely by the time of the show. Hopefully will have my second shot before then, and who knows? It would be great to reconnect with old friends and make some new ones, which is my main motivation is getting down there if possible

I am slated to be there! I have been in dialog with Alicia Newton / Show organizer.

I would LOVE to visit SoCal again. I'll extend my visit to see much.

Dudley: Join me at the Petersen Museum!!!! 🤙 🏎️🏍️🚗

I'll definitely be there, already got the AirBnB:)

I expect to be in L.A. visiting family at that time, so I will make an effort to attend. But I'm not especially hopeful as the last knife show I attended in Long Beach could be seen in a couple hours and the crowd was minimal.

IMHO this was not a good change of venues. It would have been much wiser to have tried moving to the Puyallup Fairgrounds (just south of Seattle) where there is a very large gun show and the market and political atmosphere is receptive. There is plenty of parking, hotels, and support.

I am slated to be there! I have been in dialog with Alicia Newton / Show organizer.

I would LOVE to visit SoCal again. I'll extend my visit to see much.

Dudley: Join me at the Petersen Museum!!!! 🤙 🏎️🏍️🚗
A place that’d be on my Bucket List but, thank you very much for the invite, I don’t travel far these days and refuse to fly so….[…].

All of you that attend have a great time and I’ll be there in Spirit… ;)

You'd think tickets would be on sale by now🤔

Back