Blade tip

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Philipe Brodeur, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Philipe Brodeur

Philipe Brodeur

Jan 12, 2021
    I have a Bestech Warwolf and I love it. I am told it is a spear point blade. I have always loved clip point above all others but recently I saw something new to me. It looks like a combination of spear point and clip point. Would anyone be able to tell where I could get a 5 inch fixed blade with this type of tip with S45VN steel? Would I have to find someone to do a custom order or is this tip type I describe common enough to find in stores?

2. ferider

ferider Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Do you care for the "harpoon" pattern ?

[​IMG]

Meaning, you have the half-sharpened swedge, but behind that do you need the additional finger room ? If not, it's a very common, "Loveless" type pattern.

Also, what's your budget, do you want flat or hollow grind, etc. Note that I have a knife like this, but it's 4" and Elmax:

[​IMG]

If you are set on s45vn you might have to order custom, as it's still a rarely used steel, but if it can be - say - m390, Elmax, or s35vn, there are probably stock knives available.

Roland.

3. herisson

herisson Apple slicing rocking chair dweller Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Lacks a picture of your first crush...

000Robert likes this.
  4. ferider

Jun 20, 2018
    As it so happens, I have the following knife coming in the mail this week .... it has a swedge, has a 5" blade, and it's made from one of the best shops in the world, IMHO:

[​IMG]

But it doesn't have the harpoon, and is m390. Would that be an option ?

Roland.

5. 000Robert

000Robert Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2020
    Which shop is that? That is a nice looking knife!

ferider likes this.
  6. ferider

Jun 20, 2018
    That's another Cheburkov, Robert.

000Robert likes this.
  7. herisson

herisson Apple slicing rocking chair dweller Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Beautiful fighter but not fit for carrots or tatters... Whatever floats your boat...

ferider likes this.
  8. ferider

Jun 20, 2018
    Don't disagree with you ... he wants a swedge though; will be hard to find a 5" fixed with a swegde that does not look like a fighter.

9. Crag the Brewer

Crag the Brewer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Gorgeous!
    Very timeless design..... I liked that look on the BK5 too.

ferider likes this.