Blade Wobble

MJR

When I move the lock bar over to close my Mnandi, I can feel just a bit of side to side wobble in the blade. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? This Is my first Chris Reeve and am not sure about just what to expect.

That doesn’t sound normal. Make sure your pivot screw and clip screw are tight. Use the wrench provided. When the wrench starts to flex a bit, the screws are tight enough.

Ookpik said:
That doesn’t sound normal. Make sure your pivot screw and clip screw are tight. Use the wrench provided. When the wrench starts to flex a bit, the screws are tight enough.

Thanks for replying. Tried that, and no differance. I hate the thought of sending it back! :(

If you do have to send your Mnandi back rest assured that it will be in the hands of the best customer service folks in the knife industry (IMHO). ;)

You also may try taking it apart, cleaning it and reassembly, it may save you the trouble of sending it back.

I'll try taking it apart when I get up. (midnights) If that doesn't help, I'll give them a call.

Thanks

I just finished cleaning and reassembling my Mnandi, and WOW, it's fixed! :cool: Don't know the cause but it worked. Thanks guys for the info. I just hated the thought of sending it back. I don't have any of the grease yet but I used some Millitec-1 for now.

I didnt think you would have to send it back, they leave the shop very very well inspected...glad it all worked out for you. :)

Back