bladeless sak

swissbianco

regarding the bladeless sak, everybody who is interested in an 91mm bladeless sak please send me an email or use the contact form on my website goal is to gather up needs of tools and as we have an number, say 20 pcs together i will hand assemble that proto run.

to explain that idea, its basically an sak who has no cutting blade. there may or may not be an scissor, depening on requirements but sure no stabbing/cutting blade. for some folks the bladeless sak will work as a additional toolbox together with another sak with a blade and or a fixed knife. for some other folks who work in an strickt environment that ban knives, this non knife sak will be legal from then to have and still have lots of useful features.

older samples i did made in the past, the new one will be different!

3c68b274.jpg

99afbbc4.jpg

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh59/swissbianco/swiss army knives/bladeless sak/

*** important guidelines: we dont want discuss here about laws and if or if not an bladeless sak is correct to buy etc. the people can make up theyr mind if they think sutch a sak would help them in theyr life/situation or not, the world is free and if you dont agree to an bladeless sak, joust dont buy it. ***

Last edited:
I would go for aversion with scissors layer (corkscrew in the back in place of the hook, if possible) and the Phillips/magnifier layer. The opener layer would be a good addtion, but I am thinking the sharp edge of the awl might make it non-compliant with air travel security regulations. I wonder, if the hook can be substituted for the awl?

Another thing I would like for this SAK is blue plus scales with white engraving saying "AIR TRAVEL" on at least one of the scales ;)

I was thinking of a Rambler but with the ruler instead of the blade. The 91mm or even 84mm bladeless saks would be great. Maybe just one layer with the screwdriver layer and a backside phillips. Whatever you do I'm sure it will be cool.

Is the corkscrew legal on airplanes? Also I think a modified Scientist tool set would be awesome phillips in place of corkscrew, pliers, scissors, magnifying glass (actual glass?) and a couple of translucent colored scales woo!

Scissors, can opener, screw driver, awl (like on alox models) and corkscrew is what I'd like to see. Still don't know if it would make it on an airplane tho. Last time I flew they to my nail clippers.

since we do have so many different regulations and oppinions for airplane travel it will be tough to comply and not run into trouble with some not educated employee there, i met lots of them over the years.

as i did explain its also an second sak for people who joust need some tools in addition to another sak or other knife. we can save one layer and can use that for other tools.

by so many different sak, an handfull bladeless sak will not hurt anything but help these people who like that idea.

+B

Scissors, saw, awl, bottle and can opener, pen, tweezers, toothpick, corkscrew and/or philips ... please :)

The bright handles like #2 above...scissors, tweezers, toothpick, pliers, can opener, cork screw, awl, Philips,

One side scribed "Air Travel"

In an aside note, I really like the rainbow tie dye scales of the classic...That would be my first choice but you are looking for more uniform colors to manufacture short runs of.

Costs?

I definitely like the idea of a magnifying glass (real glass if possible) on there- I find I need one more as I get older, for some strange reason ;-). No use for a hook, definitely screwdriver bottle-opener and also screwdriver can-opener- I really like the idea of AIR TRAVEL inscribed on it somewhere.

I work at the airport...not as a TSA screener, but in another capacity, and here in the US, corkscrews are allowed (it is not on the "list"). The reason so many corkscrews are taken is because most have a small knife to cut the foil. The knife, regardless of length, is what makes the corkscrew a prohibited item.

I think this is a great idea. This would be great for cruises as well. Cruise ships generally have the same/similar standards as planes.

My suggestion would be for a full size file in addition to the other suggestions. Surprisingly to me, I find myself using it a lot for all kinds of things.

Let me know if I can research any other info you might not be sure of.

Rob

Back