Blades and BBQ

2hXAlo5.jpg

04-AFD405-06-F2-4-B22-B08-B-2939364-EC4-BC.jpg

The thread is blades and BBQ, so all of y’all posting *grilling* photos... o_O

Grilling ain’t bbq.

My grandpa was from your neck of the woods, and would come here and would always have something to say about BBQ when we he visited us here in the Chi.

"That ain't real pit BBQ!"
"Well cooked BBQ doesn't need no sauce. Let the meat speak for itself."

Always expect an old Texan to have an opinion about everything, and no qualms about giving it.

Now I've had BBQ from all over, and IMO, the best is found south of the mason-dixon line.

We have a few good places around here, most have limited hours and mostly take out (all take out now).

I didn't care much for Memphis or St. Louis. Texas is still my fave. Leon's in Galveston, best brisket I've ever had from a restaurant.

My grandpa Jedd's cooking was amazing. We'd go down to the camp house on Galveston bay. He was always smokin something, putting on a crab boil or crawfish boil, or cooking up fresh caught fish (speckled trout or redfish) from the night before. Always with his signature blend of seasonings, different for each dish.

He died last summer, 85 years old. I sure do miss him.

My uncle is good too. Few years back I visited for Thanksgiving and he smoked a turkey. Damn that was good. Three days later he had a seafood cookout at the camp. Blue crab, oysters, shrimp, trout, and redfish.

Last edited:
This thread is making me hungry!! How are burnt ends so good? :p Are they just the "burnt ends" of the process or are they actually made as a finished product? Either way it is all good.

Last edited:
Back