Blades and Bling - Traditional Knives and Jewelry

5udhzFe.jpg

YwmTd92.jpg
Exceptional !!

Sheesh, I have some catching up to do in here tomorrow. I haven't been getting notifications about thread activity.

Gevonovich Gevonovich Thanks very much! Got hold of the one handed watch the other week, very taken with it as it's a jewelled movement-as it says on the face-inexpensive but seems to keep great time.

The diamond ring was my Gran's then my late Ma's. Been thinking about having it broken up, one of the stones set in my ring and the others as earrings for somebody beautiful I know ;):D But who can you trust to do such work? Plus inevitable moanings from some in the family...:rolleyes:

Gevonovich Gevonovich Thanks very much! Got hold of the one handed watch the other week, very taken with it as it's a jewelled movement-as it says on the face-inexpensive but seems to keep great time.

The diamond ring was my Gran's then my late Ma's. Been thinking about having it broken up, one of the stones set in my ring and the others as earrings for somebody beautiful I know ;):D But who can you trust to do such work? Plus inevitable moanings from some in the family...:rolleyes:
The watch is very cool and should serve you well ! As per the ring...that's a hard one..on many fronts. I am going through all that as well and there are lots of life lessons to be learned ;) I want to see the finished items as I know you have good taste !!

Appearances are deceptive....the knives look old school but the Cent and watch are far older. The minimalist Seiko is very thin, keeps perfect time and is 40 years old. One glass, batteries and straps and that's it, never gone wrong. Unlike my Seiko Kinetic...clever but flawed :eek:

ZKkuEo5.jpg

Mimo Monitor - The watch runs like a top and keeps perfect time.

In 1928, Otto Graef, a German watchmaker and owner of MIMO (an International Maker of Gold Watches) bought out GIRARD - PERREGAUX.

Constant Girard was far ahead of his time [no pun intended] when he developed the wristwatch as early as 1880; by 1930, sales of wristwatches exceeded the sales of pocket watches for the first time.

World War Two [WW II] scarcely affected the company's activities. It continued to develop GIRARD-PERREGAUX both in Europe and on the American continent, but concentrated on MIMO for the European markets, supplying Germany with watches well into 1944 through the Swiss.

By 1943, with the Germans were hard pressed for cash, MIMO began supplying the less costly yet rugged and dependable 9 jewel MIMO MONITOR watch.

The 1943 MIMO MONITOR with modified 1943 K.F. 410 9 Jewel movement and the 1940-45 MIMO with modified K.F. .4058 were originally sold to German Soldiers.

The MIMO came in matte black and matte white, with, depending on use, either lume or raised brass pinned numerals.

After World War II Otto Graef demanded that all service-issue watches given to German Military Men and those that had not left the factory were to be destroyed so they would not flood the commercial market.

Robt Klaas - Congress

30488451877_e92f983ca8_b.jpg

Back