1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Blades & Bourbon

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by bocephus549, Jun 6, 2015.

1. bocephus549

bocephus549

May 10, 2015
    [​IMG]

Frank Perricone likes this.
  2. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    What is all that stuff in the bourbon? And are those bubbles - did you put fizzy stuff in it, too? Where's the bottle so we know what you are drinking?
    I won't be able to participate in this thread for a few more months...my taste buds seem to be affected by temperature, and bourbon just doesn't taste right to me in the summer. I'm on tequila until at least September.

Unless you don't mind recycled pics...that I can do.

3. Big_Red

Big_Red

Feb 23, 2009
    -1 for fizz. +1 for Para2

:D

4. PURPLEDC

PURPLEDC

Apr 4, 2007
    my whole cup is fizz. Cant drink. But I get by in other ways. :D :thumbup:

5. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    Just because I'm a big bourbon fan (and I'll forget this is here by the time I'm drinking it again).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. bocephus549

bocephus549

May 10, 2015
    Ok I'm busted it's Beam & Coke. Went on the cheap this weekend.

7. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    Drink what you like, lol. I'll admit to enjoying an occasional Makers & Ginger.

8. bocephus549

bocephus549

May 10, 2015
    I have to admit I like Makers on the rocks.

9. Steel130

Steel130

Sep 17, 2010
    This is a different bourbon for sure. I haven't delved too far into it yet, but I get some popcorn notes, and then on the back taste a gummy peach candy flavor which is really good and wild. Unfortunately I still can't score any of Buffalo Trace's Antique collection which is high on my want list :D.
    [​IMG]

10. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    BTAC prices have gone crazy in the last couple of years. This year, the only places that had them near me had them listed at more than $500/bottle. I was paying $75-89 2 yrs ago at these same places. (They were even higher on Pappy - to the order of 10x retail. A representative suggested that I call the Attorney General regarding the price gouging)

11. Steel130

Steel130

Sep 17, 2010
    That's unfortunate. Around me we got so little they auctioned it off, and whatever went over retail they gave to charity.

I really want to order some Blantons Straight From The Barrel, but the journey over seas makes me nervous.

12. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    I've actually never tried Blanton's.
    I'll shoot you a PM with a place I've had good experiences with.

13. Steel130

Steel130

Sep 17, 2010
    It's pretty good. It was my first bottle of bourbon. I've been enjoying E.H. Taylor Single Barrel, and switching from something like that to Blantons makes Blantons seem much "lighter" which is fine for summer :D.

I digress though. Good topic OP.

14. Druk

Druk

May 18, 2014
    I do not have any bourbon on hand (because I think we can all agree, rye is better), but used cheap bourbon (it was bad, really bad, from back when I did not know better) to force a protective patina on my Boker Beer Barrel Whittler.

[​IMG]

Edit: Strange, my picture got cut off when I uploaded it to postimage.

15. jpm2

jpm2

Nov 19, 2014
    I prefer HSS with my whiskey.

[​IMG]

16. Sunyata

Sunyata

Mar 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

While not actually Bourbon
    [​IMG]

17. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    JPM2 - that snot bourbon.
    If you're going to post Jack, I might as well post tequila

18. Nrthfce

Nrthfce

Sep 17, 2014
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

19. jpm2

jpm2

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok - just testing.
    Not a bourbon drinker, but wanted to participate.
    ... whiskey is much closer to bourbon than tequila.

20. billym

billym

Jan 8, 2006
    That ain't bourbon!