Blades in Indonesia and Viet Nam

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by John Frankl, Feb 18, 2017.

1. John Frankl

John Frankl

Oct 16, 2001
    Hello,

Unfortunately, I will only get to Jakarta, Hanoi, and Ho Chi Minh. But any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

2. armytxn

armytxn

Dec 28, 2009
    I am assuming you are asking about knife stores?

A quick search on google turned up Equator Knives in Jakarta. It actually looks like a decent store with a good collection of brands. Check out their website to get a better idea of what they offer.

I hope you have a good time.

3. Sidehill Gouger

Sidehill Gouger

Dec 29, 2007
    There is a street/district in Hanoi where most of their cutlery stores are. Mostly kitchen and basic farm tool kind of knives. In Ho Chi Minh there are a few over in the China Town wet market. Forget the market in the center of down town they try to direct all the tourists too.

4. John Frankl

John Frankl

Oct 16, 2001
    Thank you. Really looking for local, hand forged stuff.

5. Sidehill Gouger

Sidehill Gouger

Dec 29, 2007
    This isn't the first time I've heard the "looking for local handforged stuff" before
    Right, the little old master that forges Japanese samurai quality blades for next to nothing. It always seems to be a waste of time trying to help anyone find knives in Viet Nam. The reality is you get cheap, mass produced cutlery for a dirt poor commie society. An Asian version of Russia in the 1950s.