Bladeshow 2020 - Atlanta

God willing this will still happen in less than 29 days!

Anyone still planning on going?

Personally, I look forward to it every year. Not sure what to expect this year, but hopefully there is a good turnout of vendors!

Please don't turn this into a COVID thread. It's only intended to see who else it stoked to go look at and buy knives.

I'm actually waiting for them to cancel it. We can't keep posting up the daily COVID numbers we are (Atlanta is still a hot spot, I believe) and expect any other outcome at this point. I'm not trying to argue for or against, as I chose against it, and got a refund back in May when they announced it'd be moved because I knew we weren't going to be out of the woods on this yet.

I am doubtful that there'll be a turnout of vendors, as many of them have been selling their BLADE show stock on Instagram for the last three weeks. Sorry, man.

Yeah, I hear ya man. We'll see what happens. If it comes around, I'll be masked up and ready to go! haha

I am not going to make the drive even if it is held this year in Atlanta due to potential virus exposure. It is not a long drive for me but I will not intentionally expose myself in this kind of social environment. The virus is real.

I'm reading that Dragon*Con, a really large sci-fi/comics convention held in the ATL area around Labor Day, has postponed, supposedly also due to the hotels not wanting to host the usual crowds. This will be just a few weeks after the new Blade date, so it's hard to see how they can mount a major show if the area hotels and local government are already postponing events into September...

Yeah with Keisha pushing back to phase 1 at this point I'd say its done. Oh well. Thank God for the trading forum on here! Having a blast! Haha

I suspect the Blade Show is a big money maker for the owners. I would imagine the business ramifications may impact future shows due to the virus. I have a small business and my business has been nearly zero since January 2020. No employees or even part timers now.

For what it's worth, the Gathering in Las Vegas has been canceled. This just isn't the year for close mingling and handling of objects. Hopefully 2021 will be brighter.

Yeah I live in the northern burbs of Atlanta and normally take my family every year but gonna have to pass this year I think.

I’m surprised anyone is able to consider going since every other event I’m familiar
with or would be involved with (national and International) has been cancelled or gone virtual.

Well i have my tickets and airbnb for the weekend as well as the days off of work
ill be there mask on alcohol wipes in hand and rearing to go.
i understand the fear but if precautions are taken it should be doable.
it will definitely be smaller and weird but it should be a buyers market.

It's definitely cancelled:

https://bladeshow.com/?fbclid=IwAR1UQCoOfnIYOWVa4vHplKg9AazOQWzeI52OqvRs8ewL043zOcQiCHYvm_0

TICKET REFUNDS

"All current ticket holders will have the option to roll their early bird, daily tickets or 3-day passes over to the 2021 Show dates, June 4-6, 2021. Or you can opt to receive a full refund on your ticket purchases at this time.

Please email refunds@bladeshow.com to confirm whether you choose to roll over your admission tickets to 2021 or request the full refund. BLADE University class purchases will be completely refunded.

HOTEL RESERVATIONS

If you booked your hotel room reservations directly through EventSphere, the official housing bureau for the BLADE Show, then your hotel reservations will automatically be cancelled and no charges will be incurred. You will receive an email cancellation acknowledgement within the next week.

Please note if you did not book through Eventsphere, then you will need to cancel your own rooms."

Back