Blair Witch Project

A perfect documentary of what NOT to do in the woods.

So ill prepared and ill equipped.

Up here in Canada we would call them "Cougar bait"
smile.gif

Put it like this:

The film cost $35,000 to make.

It's recouped that 1000 fold. The only reason they didn't show the Blair Witch was because they ran out of cash.

The actors thought that the movie wouldn't make it, so their charecter names are actually their full, real names.

I haven't seen it, but I'm looking forward to it strictly because I enjoy seeing people be idiots in horror movies, it's called willing suspension of disbelief. That, and I like Hitchcockian films...
biggrin.gif

Anyhow, like the previous poster said, the style of filming is more important than the story in this case, and so far it's a success....

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Outlaw,

I've use to come across the same goofy $hit Tommaker mentioned on a regular bases in NYC parks. Interesting, sometimes gross and disconcerting, but harmless none the less.

The ethereal demonic forces I have encountered in my life tend to telecommute
smile.gif

Response to Spark:

Actually, from what I've heard and read, the reason the characters names are the same as the actors is so that they didn't need to worry about someone 'breaking character' (pulling out of the emotion of the scene) by accidentally letting someone's real name slip out. This way, even in times of mental duress, etc., the directors didn't need to worry about an actor screwing up in the middle of a good improv. Since a huge percentage of the movie was improvised, and the excitement and drama came out of that improvisation, to shout cut and retake a scene is completely out of the picture. Keeping the actor and character names the same takes that one variable out of the mix.

chizpuf

outlaw_dogboy:

the stuff I ran into was about 8 years ago in Daniel Boone Nat'l Forest in Kentucky. Never had any real problems after that year, but I've never been totally at ease in the area since then...

not2sharp:
in an NYC park it's probably not as disconcerting, but when you're in the middle of nowhere with just some old coal/lumber towns nearby, it's a little disconcerting
smile.gif

This stupid movie was supposed to take place in Burkistville, MD.,about 6 miles from my house in Brunswick . Md. This incident never happened and there was a good story in the Frederick, MD. newspaper about it. The locals of this tiny town think it is a ridiculous movie. The mullets are lined up in Frederick to see this movie. Burketsville is near where the Battle of South MT. took place which was a prelude to the bloody battle of Antietem a few miles away. It has been noted that if you park your car on the road going up to South Mt. and put it in a level spot(at night) ,the car may be move by ghosts of Confederate soldiers up the hill. I havent tested this though. There have been otther strange goings on up along the Appalachian Trail though. Watch out for the giant bird called the Snallygaster which has been known to carry people away! But as far as that stupid movie, forget it and save your money for a good knife!

I'm sorry that many of you did not enjoy the movie. I understand the feeling when realism fails in a movie, but hey, it's a movie. Before Blair Witch was lucky enough to recieve wide release, I tried seeing it at Angelika's in NYC, and it was sold out for two days in advance. Nowdays, movies are so bogged down by hollywood producer types that we are forced to swollow down generic movies created by committees, or watch "not quite good enough" computer effects. I am glad that Blair Witch is kicking butt in the box office, it will rock some hoolywood types out of there chairs. I like to see what a little creativity and work can produce.

Back