Blems and bargain for 7/28

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
15 1/4 inch 14 ounce Chainpura by Ram Kumar. Red satisal wood handle. Natural leather sheath. Few pits mark on blade. $65. *SOLD*

yAkj2bG.jpg

15 inch 20 ounce British Armey Service Knife by Ram Kumar. Satisal wood handle. 15 or 20 minutes worth of rust removal time on blade. Huge savings for first time buyer at $68.

12.5 inch 12 ounce Pen Knife by Kumar. Hairline crack on horn handle most likely go nowhere. Great value at $65. *SOLD*

OP59YnC.jpg

10.5 inch 11 ounce Kumar Karda by Ram Kumar. Sisau wood handle. Five minutes rust removal time on blade makes it near perfect. $55. *SOLD*

JxLdxof.jpg

b9tKzTl.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order any or all
First come first served

Last edited:
Wowzers! Great deals!

Love the fuller on that chitpuri! Nice sheath too.

That BAS is definitely a great first khuk for a newb who didn't want to break the bank on a first purchase. Or it would make a great gift! BAS is the most versatile model in my opinion.

Everyone needs a pen knife sooner or later.

And that is not just a Kumar Karda, it is a chirruwa style handle Kumar Karda!

These will all be gone fast.

Last edited:
Also EMS 15 1/4 inch 14 ounce Chainpura by Ram Kumar.

I hope this one is still available...perfect weight for that profile.

Edit: DD

Last edited:
The PK is one of the greatest belt/hiking knives in the HI line up.

The perfect blend of East and West. Light and capable, it combines a straighter profile with a deep belly. Himalayan Tracker. Might have to think about getting this one.

Edit to add:
Couldn't help myself. EMS with a DD email:D I had a Bura made PK for years and years. About 7 years ago, someone (i think it was an employee of mine) stole the PK I had in my open top jeep that I had parked at my office while I moved into our current house.

I have always found the Tactical Spatula to be a great carry knife that cut above its weight class. My old PK was a constant companion on many hiking trips. Cutting, prying, and hacking through most anything. A wise ol' woodsman turned me on to carrying a 12" AK for a woods walking knife nearly over a decade and a half ago. Sage advice. The PK tends to fill the same niche.

Never could prove the crook stole my knife, but we caught him thieving from us and pressed charges on another matter. He pleaded out of that and was taken in for another more serious crime later. Too many strikes. Hes in for 10+ years. Karma evens the score. Whats this have to do with khukuris? Everything.

Now I need to get some leather and find some time to start coming up with sheath ideas. Im thinking 20 degree angle, small of the back, back draw. It would hide well under an over shirt yet be fully accessible. Good for daily carry and when wearing a backpack.

Last edited:
The PK is one of the greatest belt/hiking knives in the HI line up.

The perfect blend of East and West. Light and capable, it combines a straighter profile with a deep belly. Himalayan Tracker. Might have to think about getting this one.

Edit to add:
Couldn't help myself. EMS with a DD email:D I had a Bura made PK for years and years. About 7 years ago, someone (i think it was an employee of mine) stole the PK I had in my open top jeep that I had parked at my office while I moved into our current house.

I have always found the Tactical Spatula to be a great carry knife that cut above its weight class. My old PK was a constant companion on many hiking trips. Cutting, prying, and hacking through most anything. A wise ol' woodsman turned me on to carrying a 12" AK for a woods walking knife nearly over a decade and a half ago. Sage advice. The PK tends to fill the same niche.

Never could prove the crook stole my knife, but we caught him thieving from us and pressed charges on another matter. He pleaded out of that and was taken in for another more serious crime later. Too many strikes. Hes in for 10+ years. Karma evens the score. Whats this have to do with khukuris? Everything.

Now I need to get some leather and find some time to start coming up with sheath ideas. Im thinking 20 degree angle, small of the back, back draw. It would hide well under an over shirt yet be fully accessible. Good for daily carry and when wearing a backpack.
Gunz-you lost a Bura to a thief? So sorry to hear that-He deserves what he got. A Bura blade is something many of us will never be privileged to have.

Gunz-you lost a Bura to a thief? So sorry to hear that-He deserves what he got. A Bura blade is something many of us will never be privileged to have.

Bura was an incredible craftsman. I am still blessed enough to have 4 or 5 more of his works. That said, Kumar has always been my "go-to". His thin sharp edges have always spoken to me. I was really bummed when he wasn't working for HI for a few years. I'm loving that he's back now. My absolute favorite HI blade is a falcata made by Kumar. My Everest Kat by him is masterful as well.

Since this PK is a blem, I have plans for it depending on the crack. I'm thinking about really going tactical with it. I'm really excited to handle it. I have been holding out for a 15" PK, but in all honesty, a 12" knife is better for day to day work. I recently went on a mild hike with my heavy AK Bowie on my hip. Incredible knife...incredibly heavy to lug around for miles. I'm hoping for a really thin convex Kumar-edge on this one. My Bura model that was stolen was very obtuse in regards to the convex edge. A knife that small really gains from having more of a slicing edge since it's not going to be something you are going to smash through wood.

We'll see:)

Back