Blown my budget

brianv

Basic Member
My name is Brian and I'm a Buckaholic. It's been a while since I've been here. But I'm back. Up until about a month ago I had five Buck knives. Two fixed blade, a 102, my favorite, and a 105. Four folders all 110's two from the custom shop a standard, and a fiftieth anniversary. One of the custom shop 110's went to my son. In the last month I've purchased ten more. Three that will arrive tomorrow. A 102 Pro, a 119 with 5160 blade and Cherry handle. and four 112's. One fiftieth anniversary, the fiftieth anniversary tribute that will go to my son on his wedding day on the 28th, one 112 Slim Pro and lastly a 112 Slim Pro TRX. What I have coming is standard 110 Slim Select, a 112 Slim Select and a 684 BuckLite Max ll small. I have no pictures of any of them yet. I hope to take some photos of some of them next week. If I get some I will try to post them the first week of June.

It has been good to be back here. Seeing all the Bucks and reading the posts. Cheers!

Welcome back.

Ah Yes... a familiar story. I had all of 4 or 5 Buck knives when I joined in 2007. Then after coming back in 2018 and becoming active again, 3 years later my accumulation is approaching 140 knives (Geez, that sneaked up on me). Chiefly due to the influence of what shows up in the Sunday Picture Show that I become enamored with, and joining the BCCI with the associated discount.

I've come to discover that like the old Lay's potato chip slogan "Betcha can’t eat just one", you can't have just one (or two, or three...) Buck knife.

You're going to love the 5160 119 Cherry handle. Mine arrived last week and it's a knockout.

Cherrywood 119 5160 Blade.jpg

Last edited:
Good man. Blew my budget too couple months back. Anew Buck Ranger 112 and Path Finder plus another from a competitor. Spending while I can before we are all paying $5.50 per gallon for gas plus everything else we are being raped on.
A tad off topic but, Wash. State is reprogramming their pumps to be able to sell $10.00 gasoline. Look it up.
BTW, I just have one 110 coming. Nickle/silver, elk slabs and 5160. I'm small potatoes compared to most of you. :)

A tad off topic but, Wash. State is reprogramming their pumps to be able to sell $10.00 gasoline. Look it up.
BTW, I just have one 110 coming. Nickle/silver, elk slabs and 5160. I'm small potatoes compared to most of you. :)
I'm pretty small potatoes too Uncle Timbo.

Yeah I upped my membership in BCCI to Lifetime, maybe a week ago. I also am getting the discount from Buck. The 110 and 112 Slim Select will be my daily users as I don't want to cry when I lose a $100 plus knife. I got the Buck bug from my brother when I was about 10 years old. My dad was a Case guy. He had a small Case pocket knife and his hunting knife was a Case fixed blade. Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

Yeah I upped my membership in BCCI to Lifetime, maybe a week ago. I also am getting the discount from Buck. The 110 and 112 Slim Select will be my daily users as I don't want to cry when I lose a $100 plus knife. I got the Buck bug from my brother when I was about 10 years old. My dad was a Case guy. He had a small Case pocket knife and his hunting knife was a Case fixed blade. Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!
I bought a 110 slim select while waiting on my custom 110. I had told myself I would use my custom 110 for everything. Now I'm second guessing myself. This slim select is very nice.
Oh well, such is life as a knife knut.

Back