Blue dot on the Sebenza handles?

stay far away from that dealer, hes a fraud. The knife is the chinese made knock off of the sebenza theres videos on youtube of it. Save an extra 50 bucks and buy from a reputable dealer. Im glad I said something about it being a fake, or you would've been out some hard earned cash :(

Goodluck in your adventures finding a real sebenza.

I agree with wolf5391. My initial statement was buy it if you trust him, but you don't know him and the photos that are being represented are of a known fake knife.

Wow, thanks a lot for the replies. It looks I will have to restrain myself from this one. I will inform the seller too, maybe he isn't aware he sells a fake.
So I was that close to actually pay 300$ for just a better finished Sanrenmu 710 everyone is raving about... :jerkit:

I don't know, I would not pay $1.00 for one as I would not enjoy owning it. At least the $12 Sanrenmu 710 doesn't claim to be a Sebenza.
This one you're looking at is trying to be sold as something it is not.
Imagine how you would have felt if you paid $300 for something that is not the real thing knowing it was sold to you as the real thing.

I was told by a business contact that these fake Chinese knives can be had for $2.50 over in Southern China. Do not fall into the trap of hoping to get a deal and end up paying for a fake and losing more money in the end. Only buy Sebenzas from reputable US sellers. You may have to pay extra for international shipping but it is worth it. I am not in the US and I have paid up to $65 shipping for 1 knife. Is it worth it? It sure is as I have peace of mind knowing I got the real deal and all the dealers that I have bought from are great to deal with.

Enjoy your search for a real Sebenza.

Of course I won't buy it, in time I developed the bad habbit of enjoying authentic stuff ;) I was just curious about the real price.
And Lisantica is right, I can live with companies who take their inspiration from well known models and come with their own versions (which usually are no match to the original - like there is the Sanrenmu 701 compared to the Sebenza, or the Sogzilla compared to the Spyderco Endura, or who knows what else), but I'm very, very pissed off when they shamelessly copy someone's creation just like that.
Some of those copies are very well made and can easily fool someone who doesn't know much about the product itself. Like me, for instance. So after a week or two I would probably throw away my new "Sebenza" and say "What, CRK? Never want to hear about them anymore" :mad:
So you see it's not only about money (which is a good reason alone), but also about the good name of a company who built its reputation in years and years. And those to blame are of course the companies who make those copies but equally those who buy them knowing they are just copies. This is why I refuse to buy a fake Spyderco, or a fake CRK or a fake Rolex or anything else. And I refuse to hear any excuse from those who do it. Like "I don't have money for a Rolex so I'll have to deal with a replica instead". Or "It's exactly (or better) than the original, just cheaper". This is so wrong I don't even bother explaining why.
Whew, I guess I'm slowly heading this post towards the whine and cheese :( Sorry for the long rant, but I needed to blow off some steam... :mad:

Wow this almost turned into a BIG mistake and I am glad it was avoided. You are in Romania right, there is a dealer in one of the Europe Countries. Send CRK an email and ask them, I cant remember the name now, but remember the logo and he is a member here, maybe send him an email. Found the name! Search the name PiterM.

PiterM I believe is located in Poland. I don't know the name of his store,but I am sure he will take care of you or hook you up with someone who can.

That is a fake. It's a pretty good copy but a fake none the less...........

Walk away from it.

That was close! And also so very upsetting. How many people has this person done this too already?!?...God only knows.

I'm glad you came here first!

Yes this is a well known fake that was identified last month. There is an online retailer selling them for $69.99.

here is what i did to my sebenza:

87a22403.jpg

27723b2e.jpg

9c2de59b.jpg

i took the lanyard off, but still wanted the blue "filler" tube. so i placed a small bit if paracord on the inside so it wouldnt fall out.

but that knife in the pictures in the previous posts is definitely a fake.

Just a quick update, I contacted the seller and informed him about the knife. Now he offers to sell it to me for 150$ :rolleyes: Because "fake or not, it's a very good product"... :jerkit: At least he withdrew the offer from the auction site.

Notice the fake uses torx head screws instead of the hex on a real Chris Reeve... Glad you came here and didn't lose any money

Because "fake or not, it's a very good product"...
That's very insulting to try to pass off "your" product as an original design when it's a blatant copy of another famous, well made knife. I hope nobody buys this stuff from these scumbags. I think they would be worth less than your lower end benchmade and spyderco knives.... That said, I STILL wouldn't buy a ripoff sebenza from anyone.

Back