blue or gold thumb blugs

I was thinking about a new large sebenza with gold thumb blugs, but i dont see to many with them. any opinions on why gold blugs arent as popular as blue? Does the blue hold up better over time?

The anodized blue thumb lugs don't hold up very well; my Sml Seb is two weeks old and it is noticeably worn.

The blue backspacer looks great, though.

I was thinking about a new large sebenza with gold thumb blugs, but i dont see to many with them. any opinions on why gold blugs arent as popular as blue? Does the blue hold up better over time?

blugs is a funny word.:D

my blue lug has held up well, some wear, but i expected that after two years. only seen the gold in pics.

I've had both, I definitely prefer the blue although they probably do show more wear. I'd rather have silver than gold if I had to choose between the two. Something about the gold, I just dont like it?

ive seen pics where the gold really compliments the graphics/inlays, but on the plain i like the look of the blue better as well.

I like the gold thumblugs on wood inlays:

box_elder_zoom.jpg

Though now that I think about it blue would probably be nice as well.
On the plain seb I like silver thumblugs. I like the blue too (heck, my favorite color is blue), but silver matches everything, preventing those awkward "oh no, my knife doesn't match my outfit!" moments... :D :rolleyes:

I am buying 2 Sebenzas today, and as it turns out,one has the Boxelder wood inlays with a gold thumblug.I really like the gold look with this wood.It looks rich and has a nice contrast to the blade.I just wish I could buy the NICA Tanto Blade with the same setup.

MPE

The gold thumb stud and that wood look incredible together!! WOW!! BUT, with that said, I love the blue thumb stud and blue back spacers. Now if they were to make GREEN thumb studs etc. I would be in heaven!! Green is my favorite color!! :D :D :D :D

MPE:

Try calling CRK. I had one of my NICA tanto Sebs changed to the silver thumblug and silver backspacer. I don't see why they wouldn't do it for the gold one.;)

Thanks for the shout Scott Dog, I just may do that.Has anyone caught a hint of the new Exclusive NICA?

MPE

The Knife Collector

If you like the sound of that combo,check it out online with decorative studs on it as well.TrueNorthKnives has them.It is an exclusive to them.I, unfortunatly had to pass this time.I bought a Large Reg. with blue lug and a NICA Tanto Exclusive.I was a little out of my spending for the month with the other two.
I just took a brake while writing this, and visited the site again.What a tear jerker!WHAT A BEAUTY!!!

MPE

I am not in the position to do that right now. But thank you for mentioning it to me. I AM going to go snoop around TNK though.

Back