Blue thumb stud question

I noticed that the plain classic large sebenzas seem to mostly have a blue thumb stud. At least they look blue in the photos. But the inlay large classics (like mine, with micarta) have a silver thumb stud.

Is this the standard? Or are there just different production runs? I'd love to have the blue stud, but from what I've read, you can't just take one out and change it because it actually destroys the thumb stud to remove it (that's from the faqs page).

Blue is pretty much standard but if you order one from crk they used to let you get any color you want. I think the silver is cool cause you dont see a silver one very often.

Most of the wood inlay sebbies have gold stud and spacers which also look very cool.

The silver is standard on the micarta. I like the blue color but it does wear off with use. My micarta is my daily user so the silver doesn't show wear.

Thanks for the info. It wears off? My micarta is intended as my do-all daily user so maybe I won't worry about it.

I would keep the silver. The blue tends to rub off with use. I like the silver on my large Micarta.:cool:

The blue only wears off the top which gives it a cool silver fading into blue look. I think that's one of the coolest touches about the sebenza. That and the blue spacer. Usually first thing someone comments on in my experience.

smallsebhandya0.jpg

I rubbed the blue of mine, I think it looks much better now. The blue wearing off is the one thing I don't like about a sebenza :)

Back