Blur safety?

i was looking at all the SA Kershaws on www.bladehq.com and most of them state "...pocket clip, safety..." the Blur does not mention having a safety. is this because they forgot to mention it or is it because it does NOT have one?

i'm hoping it doesn't. i need to find a good EDC/SD for my wife and i don't want anything w/a safety.

might wanna rethink the blur, from what ive heard it's lock leaves a lot to be desired.

jp101, you heard WRONG. I own about ten and they are all study. There is NO safety on the Blur. Great knife and good hand fit. Best warranty in the business.....

tom is correct. There is no safety on the Blur. Like all of KO/Kershaw's SpeedSafe designs, the torsion bar is "pre-loaded" when in the closed position. This keeps the blade inside the handle until you begin the movement of opening the blade. It takes some deliberate force to start the blade opening. Somewhere on the Kershaw sub is a BOA with a clear handle. It shows you how the torsion bar holds the blade closed. If I can find the post, I'll edit this and put up the link.

As for EDC, I've had one in my pocket almost every day for a few years now. I've NEVER had it open while digging into my pocket or drawing it out.

Back