BM 42 seems like garbage

Dan GSR

BOUNCED EMAIL: I need to update my email address in my profile!
My first experience with bali's was when I was in Jr High School.
But my mom found those and took them away.

Its been a couple years now (I'm 19). I got a BM42S.
I immediatly fell in love.

Last week I picked up a BM 43DM. Now my 42 seems like a CCC.
I don't even like to flip the 42. Anyone who flips more then 5 min a day has to try to get their hands on a 43DM.

The extra weight of the SS handles really makes a difference. Also the tolerance on this knife is a lot tighter. The 43DM is a dead quiet knife. The spring loaded latch is to die for. It keeps the latch from hitting the handles; and also aids in the quietness of the knife.

I'm thinking of getting another as a back up. Just in case (god forbid) I lose or break this one.

I have been told that the SS handles are still lighter then the old SS handles of couple years ago.

If you guys are in the market for another bali...skip over the rest...go for the 43DM.

I was never really fond of the bowie style blade...but now that I have it. It is beautiful.
I think I have found my perfect bali.
I could go on and on about how much I love this thing but I digress.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Hey, I'd love to pick one up, but... I can't seem to find anywhere that has one, got any tips?

I can get a hold of number 29....but I was planning on buying it myself maybe.

Email me. Maybe I can help you out.

Personally, I understand the excitement, and you're on track to understand why so many of us won't let go of those BM Customs when we get our hands on one. You have found a good bali for you, and it's a good one for several reason already stated, but there's still a lot of bali's out there you haven't seen. Keep an open mind, I'm sure you will find even better bali's further down the road..... :)

Never say never until you have flipped a PC or BM Custom. Nothing in the world like it. Nothing.

Can't anyone point out where to buy a 43DM ? I tried the best knives link but they don't have em'. Anyone out there with one know where to get another ? dealer, where, etc ? Thanks.....RDT

Back