BM Mini Rukus

It seems a natural progression for Benchmade to release a Mini Rukus just as they did a Mini Skirmish. Does anyone have any information about a possible release on one of these?? Any definates or heresay? Thanks guys, PGH~

If they make one, I'll order it. Finally got to play with a Ruckus today and it was great, but definitely too big for me (and too expensive).

I want to start a new trend in the knife making industry, particularly Benchmade and Spyderco: let's make knives smaller, then we can release the MEGA versions later. I want our current Ruckus to be the later released Mega Ruckus.

Here is a theory.

Bigger knives are better for initial release due to selling better initially. People aquaint a high price with a big product. The difference in cost of materials is often small between different sizes of the same products (within reason, generally), but the cost of manufacture is approximately equal.

Besides, the Ruckus ain't "MEGA," it would need a 5.5 inch plus blade to move into that range IMO. It's just full size.

Full sized by my opinion, and judging from the reactions of people around me if I pull out a 3 inch blade, it's full sized. In fact, tons of people around me are way intimidated by even my minigrip. I can't imagine pulling out a ruckus--and then a 5.5 inch blade?

Back