BM Pocket Clips

JonesE

Gold Member
The clips were free up until last year when they made the decision to charge for the clips. I guess many people were taking advantage of the replacement parts policy. They initially started out charging the $5.00 that razorburn mentioned. They then upped the price to $10.00. I think this was done to keep the clips in stock on their site. I still see their clips being offered for sale on the big auction site.

JonesE

brownshoe

I support this site with my MIND
Spyderco sells their clips as well for at least the last 7 years

sharp_edge

Gold Member
$10 per clip no question asked isn't bad. I am tired of emailing benchmade CS to explain what knives I have and what clips I need or can get only to find the communication stopped somewhere with no results, and I don't want to call.

They still give you two free clips per year for up to five knives per year (that's ten free clips per year). They'll only ship you the same clip that originally came with the knife though. They sell those clips if you want to switch to a different style. Calling is always better though, I've offered to purchase clips while on the phone with warranty, and they sent them no charge.

The clips were free up until last year when they made the decision to charge for the clips. I guess many people were taking advantage of the replacement parts policy. They initially started out charging the $5.00 that razorburn mentioned. They then upped the price to $10.00. I think this was done to keep the clips in stock on their site. I still see their clips being offered for sale on the big auction site.

JonesE
Where did you find them for sale? I can't buy in the benchmade website, because I'm not in the US, so I need to source them somewhere else.

Where did you find them for sale? I can't buy in the benchmade website, because I'm not in the US, so I need to source them somewhere else.
Really? It took me all of 10 seconds (I don't have high speed) to find them using the search function on that "big auction site".

Oldie45

Gold Member
Call them to order clips instead of using the web site. When you call them they will include the correct screws. Also as stated before, original clip replacement is free if you use the phone & call.

[email protected]

Gold Member
I think $10 for a clip is reasonable.

I ordered a couple clips online (to change the clip type), but forgot to add the screws. When I called to order the screws, I was told that they don't sell them individually, so they sent me new clips with the appropriate screws.

Surefire used to have a website that could be used to request replacement clips, tailcaps, etc. I'm certain that the majority of these parts ended up on eBay, so Benchmade's decision to charge for clips makes sense to me.

Reactions: DMG

Roy Batty

Y'all can sling load DEEZ NUTS
Platinum Member
I’ve seen people list their clips for sale for $25... and I think they caught on to it.
I think it’s reasonable to charge for them.

you gotta figure that with shipping & materials & all, there’s a good chance that they’re not breaking even selling them for $10

you gotta figure that with shipping & materials & all, there’s a good chance that they’re not breaking even selling them for $10
I would think that would be the case. Considering that third parties sell their clips for $20-$30 US (probably fifty bucks CAD and another twenty bucks for international shipping) I'll gladly pay the ten bucks US for a replacement clip.

I've sent 2 emails last month to benchmade asking where I could buy the pocket clips, since I dont live in the US. They did not aswer any of them. So I called benchmade, and was instructed to send a email, wich I did, and they did not answer again. So I guess the good customer service is only for the US market @Benchmade .

When did they change this policy? Last July I called and asked for a replacement clip for my Bugout because it bent and they sent it free no questions asked.

When did they change this policy? Last July I called and asked for a replacement clip for my Bugout because it bent and they sent it free no questions asked.

they’ll still replace the original style clip that comes with the knife under their warranty. they just charge if you want to pick up a different clip than what is originally on it