BM rides kind of low

When carrying the BME it seems to ride very low and floppy in the new sheath. I am thinking of trying to come up with some kind of "frog" to slide it into so it will ride a bit higher and not "bang" against my leg. Any ideas out there?
I know, I could carry it in my car!
rolleyes.gif
but how about some real ideas!

wink.gif

------------------
Ron,
Bremerton, Washington

you could sew on another belt loop you and you cold use the hols at the tip of the sheath to tie a string around your thigh

------------------
after the take our guns away they're comin after our knives

I am having an old time bowie sheath with the belt button made for my nine inch Busse. The maker also includes a frog that the sheath will slide into so I can hang it from a belt if I want.

That new Blade-o-leer device looks real cool for carrying a BM in. I kind of feel that sheath preferance is only limited to the imagination.

I've already met two great people on this list, who make Kydex sheaths (one makes the Blade-O-Leer). Saturday, I was at the W.A.C. show in Puyallup, and talked w/ a guy at the Blade-Tech table. They also make custom Kydex sheaths, and have done a number of Busse knives. A high-ride crossdraw that will go on a web belt, is quite feasible. Best of all (not to denigrate any of the other fine artisans of Kydex here), they are actually on my way to the shows in Puyallup, and I see 'em at the shows all the time.

I agree about the low ride. I may experiment with lashing the original sheath to a pack strap -- but my SHII is big...

I still haven't made up my mind what to put in the pocket on the original sheath. A small knife, a sharpener, or both?

Happy Carrying
smile.gif

Lane

"For among other evils caused by being disarmed, it renders you contemptible; which is one of those disgraceful things which a prince must guard against."

Niccolò Machiavelli (1469-1527), Italian political philosopher, statesman. The Prince, ch. 14 (1514).

Back