Bob Dozier Knives

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by budrichard:
Update on Master Skinner. Knife bit me 24 hours after I aquired it! Pulling knife out of sheath, did not have hand far enough back. Small cut on forefinger. Used knife to cut 6 # pork butt, bone in. Zip, Zip ,Zip! Sharpest knife I have ever used! Just decimated that pork butt. Can't wait till deer hunting. I skin ,quarter,cut and wrap my own venison. This knife will be something to use. Dick</font>

Glad you were not cut badly! Those knives are seriously sharp. I enjoy my Master Hunter as well....It is an awesome knife in use and is very nimble for a larger knife. I have "dressed" untold numbers of game with knives made by Bob....they are all I use,therefore I am admittedly biased. No better using knife made IMO than a Dozier! I carry a couple everyday...a small Folding Hunter in my pocket and a Personal or a General Utility in a leather sheath on my belt.

Ok, that's done it for me, i'm going to have to buy one now.

Matthew - Do you (or anyone else) have a photo of the "Master Hunter"? I was going to order one a while back, and that's the model i think i wanted...

Otherwise, that elk hunter looks mighty apealing... And then the master skinner... and then the

damn, this is catching
smile.gif

James

------------------
The beast we are, lest the beast we become.

Any Dozier fans reading this: I have a LNIB Dozier Tab-1 folder for sale. Bob has a picture of this on his website, Check it out, and drop me a line! Thanks!
Barry H

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lenny:
I just ordered a Pro Guide's knife today.
Lenny
</font>

Hey Lenny,
Let me know when you decide to sell it.
wink.gif

------------------
Hoodoo

I get some pleasure from finding a relentlessly peaceful use for a combative looking knife.
JKM

My 30th birthday ticked by over the weekend.

My wife informed me that she was sorry because she ordered a Dozier knife as my gift but that it was on back order.

I grinned, thanked her, then informed her that the words "I'm sorry" and "I ordered you a Dozier knife" should never be used in the same sentence.

She chose a Pro Guide for me, by the way. It will be my first Dozier. I can hardly wait!
smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Erik W:
My 30th birthday ticked by over the weekend.

My wife informed me that she was sorry because she ordered a Dozier knife as my gift but that it was on back order.

I grinned, thanked her, then informed her that the words "I'm sorry" and "I ordered you a Dozier knife" should never be used in the same sentence.

She chose a Pro Guide for me, by the way. It will be my first Dozier. I can hardly wait!
smile.gif
</font>

Happy Birthday! Congratulations on your "first" Dozier. Hope more are in your future. They are great knives!!

Ah, so young! So much time to use your knives...
smile.gif

I am curious when that knife was ordered and what your wife was told the wait would be. I placed an order 6 weeks ago now for a K-1 and was told (by Linda) that the wait would be 6-8 weeks. When I called (at 4 weeks) to say hello and ask if they were still on target for that delivery time, I was told that lead times had now increased to 8-10 weeks...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bob Dozier:

After reading the postings these past few weeks regarding Dozier Knives, I feel that I must respond to you, my customers and friends. I am humbled by your comments (and I am not a man who is easily humbled). Words cannot adequately express how gratifying it is to know that my knives are serving you well in their intended functions. I want to thank you sincerely for buying and using my knives.
Best regards,
Bob Dozier
</font>

Mr. Dozier - welcome to the Forums!!!

This place is a major part of the reason many people know about your knives - buy them - end inevitably - like them and recommend them to others.

If - from now on - you will attend the forum more frequently - then the cycle will be completed - as we all love to talk to our favorite manufacturers - tell them what we want and think - and have them response, teach us and respond to our needs and desires..

Darrel Ralph, among many others, has been a very important part of this community - helping and answering questions - and I hope you will become one too.

I only have two of your fixed blades (for now) but one of them is never leaving my neck - ever since I got it from you in the NY knife show two years ago.

Keep making the best D2 knives in the business - and the best kydex work - at great prices that make your fixed blades the great value that they are.

These prices also insure they remain hard core users - and not display sissies...

Hoodoo,
Not this time!
I knew selling that one was a mistake.
I'm so dumb!

Chip said...
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
But, ain't they worth the wait!!!!
</font>

Well I always enjoy anticipating a new toy. I'm a little concerned only because this will be but my second Dozier and the first, while a very high quality knife, had such a thin edge, that I've been afraid to use it for anything other than skinning. Oh I'm sure it will whittle a bit and perform other chores acceptably, but I can't see applying that edge to those more mundane tasks when I have other knives that work well at them and don't have such ultra-thin edge profiles. I'm hoping the K-1 will seem a little less specialized than the Pro Hunter.

It isn't just the hollow grind either. While I typically prefer a flat grind coupled with a thinner spine, I do have several other knives whose makers have chosen the hollow grind/thicker spine combination (my sebenza and Livesay 131 for example) and I don't seem to have any problem using those knives hard. The K-1 looks to be somewhat narrower than the Pro Hunter, and that should help make it a more generic utility blade, which is the reason I ordered it.

I am also very tempted by Bob's survival knives since I like a 5" length better in a camp knife, but his prices on those keep me away so far. I see no reason to abandon my Livesay in this role, especially as Newt's handles are (for my hand) even more comfortable than Bob's.

Back