Bob Dozier tab-lock Trapper

ARtsig1

Banned
Just picked up my first custom in quite some time. I've had a SEVERE case of Sebenznitis for the past 7 to 8 months and am glad to say "IT AIN'T GETTING NO BETTER":D ;) But that's another post.

The Dozier Trapper is quite nice. It has some of the thickest liners I have ever seen on a folder. The blade is 3.5" x .125" and the liners are almost as thick! Haven't put the mike to them but would guess they are between .090 and .100 inches in thickness. The tab-lock works super as the blade locks up real solid with no play in any direction. Bob uses bronze/brass washers between the blade and liners, a method of construction which I have grown fond of. The D2 blade is, in one word, SHARP! The blade has a slight drop point with some belly at the forward half and is deeply hollow ground starting way up at the top spine. It is a real slicer.

Haven't really had a chance to try it out fully but will report when I do. BTW it does have a pocket clip mounted for deep carry and rides point down.

All for now:D :D :D

Thanx for the mini-report. :) Just ordered one of these last week, so it's nice to hear the details on the thing.

stienie, if you like HEAVY DUTY folders you will LOVE the Trapper:D :D

Back