Boba Fett attacked by Rodent 9 (waring educational photograpy included)

Thought Id share this with all of you as a reminder that we are using sharp tools (and to keep a first aid kit in an acessible pocket):D

I was out out with my nephew the other day and we decided to chop down some annoying trees that were blocking my mother in laws view from the porch.
I went trough all the basics of knife and axe handling with him.................and what did I end up doing myself....................well I transformed the knife education brilliantly into first aid education.
I had to pull it trough: " you see son........this is a cut that is bleeding.........it will need compression. Now get me that FFD in my backpack..... this will need stitches......bla ba........

20120807_230914.jpg

One offensive happy rat and the offended bounty hunter

20120807_231556.jpg

A nice deep clean cut that was so clean It hardly bled

20120807_234223.jpg

Work in progress

The funny thing is I know the Doc and the nurse well so they found it utterly amusing that I cut myself.... No comfort from them:)

Last edited:
OUCH!!! :eek: Dayum...well, at least you didn't behead him. I'd hate to see him go out the same way twice! ;)
Hope ya heal up fast, man.

Thanks Jax, allready healing up nicely.

I nicked the bone so I am SO happy it wasn't by Basic 10 I was using...................... That would have been................interesting!

BTW Boba fett survived the Saralacc in the last Star Wars flick, didnt you know? :)

Oh, crap, that was his dad that got it with the lightsabre in the pit of Carkoon, wasn't it? ;) Anyway (now that I blew it with the reference), glad you're healin' already. :)

dang that looks painful.
heal fast my friend.

Propably sounds stupid but it wasnt too bad actually.
I think the actual weight of the R9 hitting my leg was the thing I felt the most, like someone smacking you really hard in the shin with a massive stick.
It was only 6 stitches so I had them done without anestethics just to know what It would be like without something numbing it.
I do keep sutures in my medical kit so It was kinda a preparation for "one of those days"... :D

Rat bites suck! Hope it heals up quick. Once those big blades start moving things can get interesting in a hurry!

Who is that stiching you up..?? Why didn't you do it yourself ??? Please consider your Man Card suspended pending an inquiry...!!!

OUCH.... hope it continues to heal mate..!!!

Who is that stiching you up..?? Why didn't you do it yourself ??? Please consider your Man Card suspended pending an inquiry...!!!

OUCH.... hope it continues to heal mate..!!!

The guy doing the stitches is a nurse, It is his first time ever doing stitches on live tissue so he was shakier than Jerry Lee Lewis on a trampoline.
I reckon I could do it myself but I'd rather have someone else doing it. Something to do with hygiene along with me not being as limber as I used to be I guess:) Awkward angle to work in
A good tip for cuts not as deep is superglue. I used it quite often on smaller cuts in fingers etc. Just stays put more easilly than band-aids.

However I do not recommend combining superglue with alcohol (Done It once on a friend of mine, glue everywhere in his flat............. including his dog:) I just wish we had a mobile phone with a camera but this was back in the days.

when my mate got bitten hard across three fingers by one one my ASH1s his wife and my Mrs FREAKED when I broke out my suture kit and he agreed.... I don't think it was so much about me sewing it was about the bourbon I had already drank. We ended up using glue .... ;)

Don't feel too bad. I cut myself with a butter knife once. In the dining room of a very nice hotel. Got a nice little scar and some numbness in my ring finger to show for it.

Glad to hear you are healing up quickly.
Ahh... memories, I did something very similar just a couple years back with a mojo.
Then again last year with a chainsaw. :foot:
I learned that superglue & bandaids works much better than stitches for me as it can be irrigated/flushed out much easier under the bridge to prevent infection.
Also does not hurt to apply some stinky neem tree oil to the wound to help it heal quicker, as in half the time. ;)

Ironically, I had just pulled up the forum to post about my Sarsquatch biting me! Hoping you have a speedy recovery!

Back