Boker 1006 Gent's knife in stag?

I'm considering getting one, and I'd appreciate any comments from anyone who has owned, handled, or seen one of these in person.

http://www.knivesplus.com/BK-1006-Boker-knives-gent.HTML

It may not be completely "traditional," but I thought I'd ask you guys since this group likely has a better appreciation of stag than the folks in general.

Thanks!

I've seen a few of these in different handle materials (MOP, wood, stag) at the local "Casa Boker", seems to be a popular pattern, cute little knife, It's a bit over my budget but I think it's well made.

I have had mixed experiences with Boker stag handles, sometimes very nice, sometimes the sides don't match well, it's best if you can hand pick one.

Luis

I looked at one in a local knife shop. The blade was just too blunt, with almost no tip. Seemed too limited for a edc pocket knife, more like a mini skinning knife for mice or something. Its not vesitile. Too short for a butter knife. This is one knife I never understood the design of. :confused:

Peregrin

Traditional Forum Moderator
Gold Member
I owned one of those, with wood scales, for near 20 years. I carried it a bit and this past year gave it to one of my sons, in the origina box. I think it cost me around 16.00 new. It's a handy little knife and well made. At least the one I had was.