Review Boker Boy Scout from the "Scout" Series

Railsplitter

Gold Member
I don't see too many of these knives around so I thought I would share some comments about the two Boy Scouts that I recently acquired and I'll also add some pics.

The Boker Scout series consists of 3 different size knives. Below are the sizes and the names associated with them. (I may not have the closed lengths exactly right) I opted for the Boy Scout version because I wanted something small to carry in my watch pocket.

The largest version is the Scout at 4 1/8 inches closed.
The mid size version is the Junior Scout at 3 1/2 inches closed.
The smallest version is the Boy Scout at 3 inches closed.

I liked the "Honeycomb" look so that's the handle material that I chose for both of my Boy Scouts but the series is also available in Stag, Mammoth Ivory, Mother of Pearl, Various Woods, and a few other materials.

The lockbar on both of my knives disengages with just the right amount of force. Not too heavy and not too light. In addition, the blade opens and closes smoothly. Very pleasant to use yet still provides rock solid lockup.

The fit & finish on both of my examples is exceptional. All of the metal parts are highly polished with smooth transitions from handle scales to bolsters giving the knives a very refined look and feel. Blade rests dead center when closed.

I don't have any experience with the N690 steel other than a few light duty cuts that I've made since receiving these knives. So far so good. N690 gets pretty good reviews so I'm confident that I will like it. Both edges were sharp and usable right out of the box.

I thought I would post this mini review because I don't see much information about the Boker Scout series online and they are great knives. Just wanted to give them a little plug because they are really sweet little lockbacks.

If you're anything like me and you like what you see in the pictures, having one in your hand will remove all doubt that it was money well spent.

I bought the red one first and liked it so much that I had to have a blue one too. You know, just in case.:D

I'm already accepting the fact that I will end up getting a Junior Scout too eventually. These Solingen made lockbacks are nice.

Thanks for reading.

IMG_4358.JPG
IMG_4359.JPG
IMG_4363.JPG
IMG_4388.JPG
IMG_4390.JPG
IMG_4391.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you for the nice pics and the review!

I´m glad you like them, and after about 30 years of Boker Scout, I reallly like the new sizes Junior Scout and Boy Scout, for a more pocket suitable carry than the original (large) Scout.

I really like the dramatic clip...if it was full flat ground I'd be all over it ;).

~Chip

Good to see you finally got it! That's good looking rosewood too. I like the Scouts, they’ve been on my list a long time.

Nice review. Thanks. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Boy Scout is one I've looked at, really like the looks of recent spear point with Desert Ironwood.

Nice review. Thanks. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Boy Scout is one I've looked at, really like the looks of recent spear point with Desert Ironwood.
I've considered a Junior Scout in that same configuration. The price is the only thing holding me back. I'll keep watching for a sale.

Back