Boker Celebrates 150 Years

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
Thanks for the insight herder!!
Very interesting that Boker copied Remington on those scout/utility type knives!
All part of the struggles between them I guess!
Cutleries are still making Remington patterns, both authorized and not!!:D
Just to follow through on that last statement I made,
Remington 1123;
Bullet 1.jpg Bullet 2.jpg
GEC made this Remington-like Jack, including Remington's famous "nail-breaker springs"!!

Rem #23 clone 1.jpg

Back to Boker!!!

Campbellclanman

Platinum Member
Wow Charlie- That Remington 1123, considered the Icon! and what an example my friend!

Herder Sir, whilst rummaging around the other day I cam across this Boker- unfortunately not the most outstanding Boker by any means, but its a formidable large Knife.
A later model Boker, Nice Bone, Nice steel - man this thing sharpens up to be a Razor I can tell you!
this Knife was a turning point for me in many respects- which is another story, but its a great edc as I do like to carry Larger Knives - along of course with a front Pocket friendly Slippy......

rLPmcUg.jpg

fYNYCf3.jpg

xPUPy5T.jpg

rrQ3VnN.jpg

01tTazp.jpg

herder

Gold Member

herder

Gold Member
Wow Charlie- That Remington 1123, considered the Icon! and what an example my friend!

Herder Sir, whilst rummaging around the other day I cam across this Boker- unfortunately not the most outstanding Boker by any means, but its a formidable large Knife.
A later model Boker, Nice Bone, Nice steel - man this thing sharpens up to be a Razor I can tell you!
this Knife was a turning point for me in many respects- which is another story, but its a great edc as I do like to carry Larger Knives - along of course with a front Pocket friendly Slippy......

rLPmcUg.jpg

fYNYCf3.jpg

xPUPy5T.jpg

rrQ3VnN.jpg

01tTazp.jpg

Beautiful Boker my friend!!!
Great bone, long clip master blade with a long pull, and a big fellow to boot, A+ :)

South paw draw

Yep.....I'm a idiot.
20191025_161950.jpg

This is the only boker traditional I own. I do have a 145 anniversary limited edition cocobolo knife but I was told it's not a traditional so I wouldn't share it here. It's a beautiful representation of bokers German craftsmanship. Hope I'm still alive to see there 200 year mark.

waynorth

rLPmcUg.jpg

fYNYCf3.jpg

xPUPy5T.jpg

rrQ3VnN.jpg

01tTazp.jpg
Beautiful Jack, Duncan!! How long is it??:rolleyes:

Nice black jack, South paw!! How long is yours??o_O
I love Black Jacks!!:)

Campbellclanman

Platinum Member
Oh to be a fly on the wall during the negotiations concerning That Knife Charlie and Mike!:eek:

4 & 1/2 inches closed Charlie Sir.

That Boker is the Knife that we all shared discussion over, and like I said a valuable Knife in Lesson and a great EDC! Bill Howard actually had a very good long look at this Knife! thinking that it wasn't finished from Factory!

So to let those in on who don't know too much about this Boker- I bought it at Queens last Vintage Knife show before their unfortunate demise - while Paul and I were attending the 2016 GEC Rendezvous with a great meet up with lots of our other friends from here in BF- it was simply an amazing trip of fellowship.

I was kinda the fresh kid out of New Zealand, and the leash was let off - this knife wasnt a lot of money- I literally picked it up- opened it fairly quickly and put it aside with some very nice Scouts I did manage to choose well, the realisation that the knife was bent later was a blow, but I enjoy it more now that what I would do if it were Queened I have to be honest, now dont get me wrong- you dont place it on the bench and it see-saws away like a Banana - but a simple eye down the Liners tell the story, the story not detrimental enough to hurt the Walk and Talk of this beast!

Guys - don't back pocket your big Folders - they bend when you have a seat - believe it as its happened more than once!

paulhilborn

Gold Member
Oh to be a fly on the wall during the negotiations concerning That Knife Charlie and Mike!:eek:

4 & 1/2 inches closed Charlie Sir.

That Boker is the Knife that we all shared discussion over, and like I said a valuable Knife in Lesson and a great EDC! Bill Howard actually had a very good long look at this Knife! thinking that it wasn't finished from Factory!

So to let those in on who don't know too much about this Boker- I bought it at Queens last Vintage Knife show before their unfortunate demise - while Paul and I were attending the 2016 GEC Rendezvous with a great meet up with lots of our other friends from here in BF- it was simply an amazing trip of fellowship.

I was kinda the fresh kid out of New Zealand, and the leash was let off - this knife wasnt a lot of money- I literally picked it up- opened it fairly quickly and put it aside with some very nice Scouts I did manage to choose well, the realisation that the knife was bent later was a blow, but I enjoy it more now that what I would do if it were Queened I have to be honest, now dont get me wrong- you dont place it on the bench and it see-saws away like a Banana - but a simple eye down the Liners tell the story, the story not detrimental enough to hurt the Walk and Talk of this beast!

Guys - don't back pocket your big Folders - they bend when you have a seat - believe it as its happened more than once!
I remember that one well Duncan, a very nice regardless of the ever so slight bend to it...character I tell you, in a way it's a green light to carry although I don't need a green light:D Surprised that the bone didn't crack from the bend, that's how slight it is:thumbsup:

Admission of guilt here, I carry big folders all the time in my back pocket with never a bend. I'm thinking that if you have a big butt, you'll be just fine:eek::D

herder

Gold Member
View attachment 1221143

This is the only boker traditional I own. I do have a 145 anniversary limited edition cocobolo knife but I was told it's not a traditional so I wouldn't share it here. It's a beautiful representation of bokers German craftsmanship. Hope I'm still alive to see there 200 year mark.

South paw draw, very nice Trapper model and that handle shield would date it to the mid 1950s to mid 1970s era, and I believe closer to the later date.

Here is a stockman model from that same time period. I Like the full reverse blade etch that only the German made Boker knives had.

BF Boker Black Stockman .jpg

herder

Gold Member
I remember that one well Duncan, a very nice regardless of the ever so slight bend to it...character I tell you, in a way it's a green light to carry although I don't need a green light:D Surprised that the bone didn't crack from the bend, that's how slight it is:thumbsup:

Admission of guilt here, I carry big folders all the time in my back pocket with never a bend. I'm thinking that if you have a big butt, you'll be just fine:eek::D

A good reason not to have one of those rock hard butts (and silly 6-pack abs) otherwise you might just break a knife in half. :) :)

waynorth

BUMP!!
I was looking for a Boker thread, and this one seems the most relevant, especially since acquiring Neal's fantastic book!!
This Boker's Cutlery Pen has that rare "reverse" RADIUM blade etch as well a possibly "abbreviated" Tang stamp - Boker's (over) Cutlery (over) Germany. Tiny knife at only 2 5/8".
Possibly from the 1930s??
Not well-loved, the knife is made of durable stuff, still snapping at you! :)
If it's not real MOP, it's a darn good substitute!!:rolleyes:

Bokers Cut pen 1.jpg Bokers Cut pen 2.jpg

waynorth

Hi Gus!! Beauty is in the eye . . . . . . . I guess!! Heh!! Hope the one you are waiting for doesn't take forever, like some of late!!

I haven't been much of a Boker collector, but these two Barlows enticed me a good while back, with their interesting "Cloud" bolster stamps!! Boker Barlow pair 1.jpg Boker Barlow pair 2.jpg

herder

Gold Member
Thanks for the bump Charlie with some wonderful Boker examples shown.
That little pearl model has all the bells and whistles of its big brothers. Nice serpentine shape with neat long bolsters, and definitely genuine pearl.
A classic "bomb" shield and a "Radium" blade etch puts that knife in the premium category which probably dates to the 1920s.
And an excellent pair of Boker Barlow models as well!!!

I have this German Boker Premium Stock Knife that I don't know anything about. The frost etch on the front is a bit unclear. Originally thought it was 6065 but it appears the number is 6085. It has very nice stag covers and the knife itself has seen little use, but appears to have been subjected to some poorly executed sharpening attempts. Nevertheless, excellent F&F, excellent blade action. Cllosed length is four inches. Any ballpark estimations of age?
5K3d4v8.jpg

BSb0TPH.jpg

MVRJU1Y.jpg

herder

Gold Member
I have this German Boker Premium Stock Knife that I don't know anything about. The frost etch on the front is a bit unclear. Originally thought it was 6065 but it appears the number is 6085. It has very nice stag covers and the knife itself has seen little use, but appears to have been subjected to some poorly executed sharpening attempts. Nevertheless, excellent F&F, excellent blade action. Cllosed length is four inches. Any ballpark estimations of age?
5K3d4v8.jpg

BSb0TPH.jpg

MVRJU1Y.jpg

That's a fine old stock knife with beautiful stag handles. It should date to around 1960.

Campbellclanman

Platinum Member
Charlie- that’s a neat old Boker my friend! Also as commented those two Barlows are pretty neat - love that one armed Barlow!
TheDonald - love that Stag!!!!