Boker Fishing Shrears approx date?

I was wondering if anyone could date these. I guess from the 60's. Just thought I'd ask in the Boker section of B/F. I got them from an old friend (he was old in the 80's). And now that my interest in blades has increased realize they're from Boker.1 (1).jpg 5 (1).jpg 5 (2).jpg 2.jpg 3 (2).jpg

Interesting, wish I could help ya. Maybe the general forums would get more attention, idk.

It's not a big deal. They've been in my closet for a long time and caught my eye recently. I imagine a pair of scissors doesn't really deserve this much attention. I don't own any Boker knives, but can say this is best pair of scissors I've ever wielded.
So, I'm sort of a Boker guy! They've earned a place in my knife box.

Boker was producing a lot of scissors and other tools, mainly farm tools, from the late 1800s to probably around the mid-1950s. Your shears are most likely pre-WWII era. The giveaway is the box with H. Boker & Co and New York address. That was originally where they started out when the family immigrated from Germany. Early 1960s Boker had been sold off to Wiss & Sons which caused Boker to stop production of scissors, because it competed with what Wiss was known for. When WWII started Boker USA ceased everything from Solingen. That box says "Imported" so it tells me it was made in Germany. Most likely those shears were made between 1938-1940.

Last edited:
Boker was producing a lot of scissors and other tools, mainly farm tools, from the late 1800s to probably around the mid-1950s. Your shears are most likely pre-WWII era. The giveaway is the box with H. Boker & Co and New York address. That was originally where they started out when the family immigrated from Germany. Early 1960s Boker had been sold off to Wiss & Sons which caused Boker to stop production of scissors, because it competed with what Wiss was known for. When WWII started Boker USA ceased everything from Solingen. That box says "Imported" so it tells me it was made in Germany. Most likely those shears were made between 1938-1940.

Thanks for the information, I realize now that I failed to upload this last pic that shows they were made in Italy. (I think)IMG_20210307_083851364~2.jpg

Hmm that Italy mark is a mystery to me. But then again vintage Boker's are normally hard to date and figure out. Might have been made at a later date, sending production to Italy to circumvent the cease on German product during WWII. That is my guess.

Hmm that Italy mark is a mystery to me. But then again vintage Boker's are normally hard to date and figure out. Might have been made at a later date, sending production to Italy to circumvent the cease on German product during WWII. That is my guess.

That sounds right to me,

Thanks Revolver Guy- this ones for you!586 1.jpg

Back