Boker Jim Burke Thorn Pocket Knife Titanium Folder

This was definitely an impulse buy, just saw it right now and purchased it. It sure looks sweet. All Ti frame-lock, bead blasted and cpm-154 blade. Short blade, but will suffice.

From Germany, that was the clincher. Will post pics when received in a few days.

pic from Boker site:

View attachment 267889

Last edited:
burke7.jpg

burke6.jpg

burke5.jpg

burke4.jpg

burke1.jpg

burke2.jpg

burke3.jpg

• A cool little ti frame-lock folder. Simple, no frills designed knife. Nice flowing lines.
  • Came hair shaving sharp.
  • Good thick blade, but it's not a Boker Albatros by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Smooth blade deployment that can be done with one hand via nail nick, near blade spine. Interesting that it had two washers on each side: ones touching the ti scales were brass colored and the ones touching the blade were very thin white colored nylon.
  • Sticky frame-lock, but nothing some sharpie won't fix- I hope. Designed with no notch for easier thumb access to frame-lock for lock disengagement. I'm right handed and it's easier to use my left hand to unlock the frame-lock.
  • Solid lock-up.
  • Deep carry pocket clip; tip down.
  • Came a tad bit oily around the pivot, oil kept getting on to the lock-bar contact point.
  • Fits hand well, very ergonomic, all edges smoothed out- handle shape reminds me of the Boker Anso 67, albeit a tad smaller and with less heft.
  • Although not easily visible from the outside, it also has one of the cleanest looking frame-lock cut-outs I've seen, no tooling marks. Kudos, for that attention to detail.
  • Would have liked to have thicker ti scales and thus more contoured. This would have also allowed the screw heads to be recessed.
  • Also, a flipper would have been killer on this design.

All in all, good job, Boker.

ooh nice!! I may have to get one, but I will wait a bit to hear comments from other owners. Definitely a cool office knife candidate - and great pics, the size comparisons are really helpful thanks!

Last edited:
Seems like a nice little folder. Are you able to open it one-handedly or is it a two hand opener?

Can be opened one-handed easily, it's the closing part that's a bit hard with the same hand- righty over here.

Also has a very good detent.

Last edited:
Handled one recently. Liner almost travelled all the way and at least for me impossible to close one handed. There is no cutout to access the lockbar for closing.:thumbdn:

Update...fairly broken in now, lock-up at 40%...lock disengagement is smooth and can be done with one hand; same hand for blade deployment. Being right-handed, I use the right side of my thumb nail to depress and release the lock-bar, so the usual cutout to access lock-bar is unnecessary. The lack of which I initially preferred aesthetically; now functionally as well.

Feels very good in the hand, liking the pebble-like form factor. Finish on ti has also held up well for a few weeks worth of edc. However, still wish that screw heads were recessed- which would mean thicker ti scales. Also, on more than one occasion, found the clip turned to the side a bit when taken out of my cargo pant's pocket.

Good compliment to a crk umnumzaan...

zaanthorn1.jpg

Last edited:
Back