boker knives

I have been looking at the top locks, are they any good, 420 steel hold an edge?

The bo-2005 look good too, is pearl handle knives very fragile? They have 440c, does it hold and edge very good? I have a gerber ez-out and it don't hold an edge very good.

The ONLY thing keeping me from getting a conferted Top Lock is the 420. I can even get a Polished, Pearl one of 50 total, but I won't cause the steel. I'd get an Omega. I've thought about getting a Red or White bone, but 420 is at the far end of the line for me. -AR

Hey randy, I wish they made the Top Lock in 440c I would probably get one for my collection. The BO-2005 is a good looking knife and the 440c is a good all around stainless steel better than 420, you would need to baby it IMO because of the mother of pearl. You might consider the BO-2004ST with the stag handles, same knife but with stag and cheaper too, and the Omega would be a fine choice also, Chris. Top of Texas Knives
www.toptexknives.com

------------------

FWIW, I'm very happy with my small (<3" blade) Boker Speed Lock (#109). The edge has held up well for light utility work & touches up quickly on ceramic rods. Although I would have preferred a better steel, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I were to lose this one.

------------------
--+Brian+--

There are separate 440C-blades available, but I don't know if they are only for Speed Locks ( = without the nail nick ) but if one doesn't require the nail nick, it might be the way to go if you don't like 420. I own a Speed Lock and have fondled a Top Lock and it wasn't very difficult to open, so I guess it could be done without the nick.

My two bits,
Jani

Back