Boker Kwaito?

Nice... looks like there are a few Boker Plus purchases in line this year.
Gotta say, the Boker Plus stuff in general is made to great fit and finish specs at affordable prices - what's not to like? :)

Just ordered mine from KC. Looks like some dealers are finally getting these.

Got mine in the mail today.

Right off the bat I could tell the edges on the G10 were sharp, especially on the butt end. The jimping is small and sharp, but it works. The edge came sharp enough to slice paper. It doesn't feel like a very small angle, but the blade is quite thin so it still slices quite well. I'm unfamiliar with the steel so I'm not sure how well it'll hold it's edge. I might try it out on a steak or two and see how well it holds while cutting through meat and hitting ceramic plates. It's shape looks like it'll make a mean steak knife... The kydex sheath was also a bit rough, so I rounded it off with some sand paper as well as the sharp edges on the G10.

One major hit is the sheath doesn't seem to interface well with the small tek-lok I have. The holes only line up with the bottom two on the sheath, meaning I either mount it with the handle way too high up, or upside down with the handle going down past my pants pockets. And it's canted at about 40 degrees, instead of being totally vertical. I might have to drill some more holes after I see how well it carries the way I have it set up now. Not really a fan of mounting it on just one hole because it tends to shift around, but it'll do for now. It's a nice knife.

Last edited:
Got mine a few weeks ago, like it. There's a couple of sharp corners on the scales that I had to round for comfort, and the sheath is super stiff, and is absolutely plain. You need to get the large Tek Lok for it, the holes are drilled to accomodate most variations of mounting it to the tek lok. I have mine mounted 45 degrees blade down, handle down for small-of-the-back carry, very comfortable for me.
Blade is okay, not super sharp ootb, but a few swipes on the tri-angle and it's good, well balanced. Sold my old Boker Aikuchi to get this instead, happy that I did.

I'll be posting more information on this knife shortly. Long story short... I have a lot of history with Nealy knives, including his "from the man himself" Kwaito. I love the design and have no complaints about the Boker production model. The sheath is crap and I'm very happy about this. For those who are confused, stay tuned. I'm working on a project with Bud and will get back to you with a full review, plus pics, once I get the goods back from him.

I'll be posting more information on this knife shortly. Long story short... I have a lot of history with Nealy knives, including his "from the man himself" Kwaito. I love the design and have no complaints about the Boker production model. The sheath is crap and I'm very happy about this. For those who are confused, stay tuned. I'm working on a project with Bud and will get back to you with a full review, plus pics, once I get the goods back from him.

update?

Finally able to get my hands on a few Kwaito's:

kwaito009.jpg

kwaito008.jpg

kwaito007.jpg

kwaito006.jpg

kwaito004.jpg

kwaito003.jpg

kwaito002.jpg

Maybe two like this worn at my belt?
kwaito010.jpg

Back