Boker love

Old Boker (USA) barlow...

rfKf1wd.jpg

New arrivals Cocobolo trapper and sheath inspired by @Modoc ED both are very excellent. The stockman has some wonderful stag even tho it’s a little thick. Blades don’t touch exceptional action great walk and talk. Pivots are tight no wiggle. Böker makes an excellent stockman they’re on par with my #82 Dixie. Good plus that all the blades on each came shaving sharp. 49A35B01-59A9-4503-9B02-CAFCC5389BEC.jpeg

Last edited:
As to the newest traditional Bokers that I see for sale at online retailers: some have "Solingen" on the shield, and I understand they are made entirely in Solingen, Germany. I also see knives that are marked Tree Brand, but have "Germany" on the shield. They are usually in stainless steel, and are not marked "Solingen" on the blades. Are these assembled in Germany from parts made overseas, or assembled overseas from German made parts? Or am I entirely confused about it all? :oops:
Thanks for any clarification you can give.

I admit that it might be not self explaining.

We have a strict rule at Boker: only knives which are made in Solingen can show the logo "Boker Solingen" on the blade.
So every knife showing that logo is made in Solingen in our factory.

But of course, there is also a demand for a lower price range. So for that traditional series (with the Germany-logo), we use overseas made parts and the basic structure, but final assembly and inspection is made in Solingen as well.

So with these knives not being 100% made in Solingen, we don´t give them the Solingen logo.

I hope that makes it quite understandable.

I admit that it might be not self explaining.

We have a strict rule at Boker: only knives which are made in Solingen can show the logo "Boker Solingen" on the blade.
So every knife showing that logo is made in Solingen in our factory.

But of course, there is also a demand for a lower price range. So for that traditional series (with the Germany-logo), we use overseas made parts and the basic structure, but final assembly and inspection is made in Solingen as well.

So with these knives not being 100% made in Solingen, we don´t give them the Solingen logo.

I hope that makes it quite understandable.
Thank you for the clear explanation. Often the listings at online retailers don't make a clear distinction between the different lines of traditional knives.

Just got this one recently, love the stag and feel of this folder, my one wish would be it was stainless, as cutting fruit up she patina'd pretty quickly, some flitz cleaned her up, but I'll not use this one on food :(

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

I don't know how old this one is, but it's one of my favorites.
EfW2Y74.jpg

Boker USA, with Delrin covers. The shield was missing, so I scrimshawed a new one. :)
9o9lU8W.jpg
That's beautiful. I couldn't cut anything that round, never mind the right size, and I certainly couldn't decorate it.

I don't know how old this one is, but it's one of my favorites.
EfW2Y74.jpg

Boker USA, with Delrin covers. The shield was missing, so I scrimshawed a new one. :)
9o9lU8W.jpg

Your scrimshawed shield looks great, Rachel. Awesome job on that tree!

That canoe shield is so cool. I hope you put that one in the "Agents of Shield" thread.
It's in the "queue" John :):thumbsup: I'm trying to time my posts in that thread to keep it active through next weekend to see if it really takes off or not. I know there are a ton of shields out there that we haven't seen before and just need Porch folks to see the thread ;)

Back