1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Boker Plus Broadwell Bowie/Fighter Arrival

Discussion in 'Boker USA' started by cutter17, Sep 30, 2010.

1. cutter17

cutter17

May 16, 2006
    Got this knife around noon today. It is actually named the 2010 Collectors Knife. It came in a nice, hinged presentation box with a molded plastic tray holding the knife, and the sheath beneath this tray. The knife itself is constructed of mirror polished 440C steel a 1/4" thick, and tapered down towards the back of the handle. The handle is smooth black linen(?) Micarta and is attached with three torx screws on each side. The handles are sculpted to resemble being made from two pieces. While the handle panels do not come up flush with the full tang, the spine is rounded to offer comfort to the hand. Edge came razor sharp and can slice newsprint with no difficulty. Fit and finish is excellent, just as all the knives I have from B-P. The final observation concerns the sheath. While several people have found fault with the sheaths supplied for the knife, I've never found any great fault with them. Sure I would like thick English saddle leather, but it is not cost practical. This is a two piece sheath with a belt holder and knife sheath that seperate with a snap button allowing the sheath to be carried w/o the belt holder. The sheath material is black leather with embossing on the strap and along the edge. It has been curved to match the curve of the handguard at the throat of the sheath.

All in all I like what Boker has made. Boker has really made a hit with these knife designs from reknowned custom makers. I am now awaiting the Kressler to come out.

For the prices of these knives, I think it is very hard to find a better deal for what you get!

2. sak_collector

sak_collector

Jan 25, 2005
    Would love to see some pics!