Boker "Tree Brand Classic" & Solingen made traditional knives

That is a nice pickup bigfish64 bigfish64 I look forward to seeing pictures when it arrives. Speaking of Solingen made Barlow’s, here is one I bought at a gun show 12 or so years ago - Canyon bone handles and carbon steel blades. No worries about the shield on this one, the bolster is engraved (like it should be on a Barlow). The F&F and the W&T on this knife are first class. OH
B-ker-493-Barlow-2.jpg

That is a nice pickup bigfish64 bigfish64 I look forward to seeing pictures when it arrives. Speaking of Solingen made Barlow’s, here is one I bought at a gun show 12 or so years ago - Canyon bone handles and carbon steel blades. No worries about the shield on this one, the bolster is engraved (like it should be on a Barlow). The F&F and the W&T on this knife are first class. OH
B-ker-493-Barlow-2.jpg
Great looking knife! I’ve seen a few older Boker Barlows on the auction sites, just haven’t pulled the trigger on one yet. Judging by the looks of yours, I need to!

That is beautiful and I considered that one, hard, but in the end I went with the 01 carbon steel, and I do like micarta as well. All that said, I’m pretty sure the ironwood will be my next purchase, or maybe the castle burg! :)
I am seriously considering the one you chose to. I just got to get the Boss to give me the ok. :)

I purchased the club knife in O1 with the black micarta you will really enjoy it. Fit and finish is great also walk & talk. I also purchased the trapper uno with O1 for my grandson who likes trappers and also a very impressive knife.

Had plenty of time to peruse the selections on several different sites, do some research, consult my family for their thoughts, sleep on it, and just generally enjoy the experience of shopping for a quality piece of cutlery.
I also like taking my time, researching, choosing options, shopping for prices, and finding that knife that you think will be perfect for you. Kind of like buying a car.

I also like taking my time, researching, choosing options, shopping for prices, and finding that knife that you think will be perfect for you. Kind of like buying a car.
Absolutely! The hunt (man-word for shopping) is a big part of the hobby for me.

So here it is, ordered Friday, delivered today, from Finland! This is a fantastic knife, W&T is perfect (did need some flushing), pinchable with a “6” pull, perfectly centered, back spring is flush in all three positions, no gaps, very sharp and nice grind. Shield is pinned and flush, pins are flush, covers have smooth transitions. If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m VERY pleased with this knife! If you are thinking about picking this one up, I would say do it. I don’t know how anyone could be disappointed with this knife.
View attachment 1486507 View attachment 1486508

Tentatively wading into the traditional pool and have two Boker knives on my short list. Glad to hear they are generally good quality. I like the variety of handle materials.

The micarta covers remind me off an antique leather suitcase. The ironwood is very nice and the castle wood is cool (I have the Barlow in that wood) but this is the one that I keep coming back to.

I also have that one and I am very pleased with it. mine also is perfectly centered pull also about a 6 IMO.The backspring flush in all 3 positions and the micarta covers are really nice. I carry mine in my pocket without a slip and the covers have become really smooth. I also purchased the trapper uno in the same cover and 01 steel for my grandson and he loves it.

Wow,
I bought this one new about a year ago, and could not be happier with it. Beautiful stag, great action, 440C blades with good grinds, a real winner.
The only negative is a deeply set shield, but it's a very small drawback.

waDAq9Q.jpg

0az7Nr7.jpg
Wow, that is a nice one! Been buying mostly Barlows, but lately I’ve been picking up some other patterns. The shield on my stag barlow is fairly deep also, must be a Boker thing, looks intentional to me.
View attachment 1489491

As much as it looks ancient and the scales look rough they are actually very smooth. I am really liking the acid wash on the O1. I am a big fan of carbon steel and the club knife checks all the boxes for me. I hope they will do more club knives in O1 with different covers
That is a great looking knife, it really looks ancient!

Back