Boker Vox Rold

Got one from steelhuntingknives.com. Had to wait a month, but it finally arrived. This is an awesome medium fixed blade knife. :D

This is not my video, but if I had filmed it.. it probably wouldn't have been much different.

[video=youtube;qrg1YQ4CXdE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrg1YQ4CXdE[/video]

I can see hairline scratches on the blade from the kydex sheath, but this was never meant to be a display piece so it doesn't bother me.

Anyways, this much D2 steel? HELL YEAH. Ergos are perfect too.

Pros:
Size, design, ergos, price, thickness, steel, FFG, kydex sheath

Cons:
Bead Blast finish (mirror polish would have been better as a camping knife)
Took over a month to get it

As for the finish, a mirror finish works better as a camping / survival tool. It's easier to find if misplaced, and can even work as a signaling mirror. Otherwise, excellent job Jesper & Boker. :thumbup:

I still have a Boker Vox Rhino on its way too :D.

That is a really good looking knife. Looks like it would have a super sharp edge and would have good geometry.

To be honest, this was my first boker knife that was hair popping sharp out of the box. They usually come decently sharp, but not this scary sharp. Also, I love FFG on medium / large fixed blades. Much easier to sharpen with a bench stone. Hopefully I can take it outdoors this summer and thump it a good bit.

I am picking one of these up... just such a sweet design, good steel and the price seems reasonable. Nutnfancy had some review where he beat on it and it was still cutting paper decent after a trip out which is a good sign for Boker heat treat.

Looks great, had my eye on this for a while. Love the JV designs :thumbup:

Just picked one of these up with the stone washed finish. I also noticed that mine does not have the China on it anywhere so I was wondering if they have started making them somewhere else? Thanks

Look in the finger choil for the CHINA printing. I just got one 2 weeks ago, nice, sharp and hard. To me the grip could be a bit fatter and 1/2" longer but otherwise its great. The belt attachment gizmo pokes me in my fat belly.

I did look there my Rold is not marked china anywhere on the knife. Love the knife though.

Check out this kydex sheath I made for vox to match red liner handle.
IMAG0739.jpg

The Rold is one of the best Camp knives I've had the chance to test an evaluate. It really did come hair popping sharp and the D2 really held it's edge impressively. It handles well, has nice ergonomics that feel great in hand, and is one of my favorites to use in a camp kitchen. It also really made me start looking at more of Jesper Voxnæs designs.

Glad I read this before making my purchase. When is the stonewashed finish available? Will it have a different model number so I can make sure I buy the right one?

Back