Bolo shape...?

I just checked out the "virtual museum" at Andy's page and saw the "bolo" variants... Is this what the new bolos are going to look like? I was expecting something a little more"bolo like"... with much more belly. What I saw was basically nothing more than a recurve BM, not something I would even call a "bolo".

Peace-
Orion

Orion....a bolo has historically been described and understood as a long knife, with a recurve edge, and a blade profile where the point is a little wider than the tapered throat of the blade, starting at the ricasso.

The E Bolo Variant in particular at Variant HQ is nothing like a BM-E other than length...it has a much narrower blade profile, has a different point grind, and is about 6-8 oz lighter in mass weight. The other bolo pictured at Variant HQ is somewhat like a BM-E, but maintains the bolo category via recurve edge design and point construction.

Throughout history however, even some straight knives have been named bolos...

As for the question "will the new, limited knife look like the bolos at Variant HQ", the answer is YES, but the new knife will have some design features which will allow it to be more "bolo inspired" than a traditional bolo design.

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Fax: 1-201-493-2039
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Custom Variant HeadQuarters http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/andy/sharper.htm

Sharper Instinct Website www.sharperinstinct.com

Back