"Bond. Leatherman Bond."

hsherzfeld

Gold Member
Basic Member
Somehow I wound up on Leatherman's email list (how could that have happened?), and I received an yesterday announcing the release of the new Leatherman Bond.

It's supposed to be sort of an updated version of the PST, as far I can tell. Personally I would be more interested if the file was replaced with a wood saw. The tools look like they are from the Rebar; I wonder if Leatherman is going to set up another trio of multitools like the Blast/Fuse/Kick.

interesting.
looks like it is aimed at the first time buyer. As it's at the other end of the price from the free series.
Thanks for sharing.

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like they tried a tid bit too hard to recreate the pst and forgot some of the upgrades and updates...

Edited to add, I do like the budget friendly price point, and I've always loved the pst*, so I'll probably end up getting one.lol

*Was my first Leatherman as a boy.

Love leatherman, but this is a cut price Rebar, same as the Curl..cheap Wave.
Nothing wrong with that just not very insipiring IMO.

Pretty cool, but if you want to go lighter then pocket clip wouldn’t hurt.

edit: it does take clip!

Darn! I checked some videos and I’m really liking it! Too bad it doesn’t have scissors but I can live with it.

Scissors, saw, and locking blades.
Even just original ST type locks.
I'm not too picky.
Maybe the diamond file/sharpener.
Yeah, I'd be hook, line and sinker...

I always thought that a saw, plain edge knife, and locking tools would have made the PST II an almost perfect light weight/medium duty multitool.
But that's alot of dreaming.
We'll see what they come out with.
What y'all think?

gVlioxP.jpg

r0iS3qS.jpg

GeeBFte.jpg

h4LfDnZ.jpg

tOB1RLp.jpg

I always thought that a saw, plain edge knife, and locking tools would have made the PST II an almost perfect light weight/medium duty multitool.
But that's alot of dreaming.
We'll see what they come out with.
What y'all think?
I think you're describing the Leatherman Blast.

I think you're describing the Leatherman Blast.
Well, not far from it. The Blast was/is one of my favorite models. I do have a few nit picks with the Blast. But it was a good one.
The biggest reason I don't have one now is because the one I had disappeared years ago and a new one is collectable now days. I'm not a fan of inflatable price tags.

I doubt that I'll be buying a Bond. I've grown too attached to the outside-accessible blades of my 1998 Wave and Wave+. But it looks nice.

Seems like the importer here got it already but it costs 1,5x of the leatherman’s own retail... lol! Add to that the clip and it costs as much as any multitool.

I had a blast I loved, that I've never replaced since I busted it doing something stupid. I have a wingman or whatever, but it's not the same.
I like the updated look, but the decision to include a metal file will always bug me. There's no way to resharpen it, so once you use it up now you have a textured spatula.
I did successfully use my blast's metal file to hack through a lock that I'd forgotten the combination to when I was at college. It took a minute, but it worked.
I never used it again.

I couldn't order one fast enough when I saw this, I was impressed with the ST300 I bought my dad a couple years ago but wanted something more fuse or PST'ish sized.
This is the first new product from leatherman in the past 10+ years that has even remotely interested me, I hate the modern leatherman style and was pissed when they dropped the kick fuse and blast.

It won't truly replace my trusty Fuse, but it gives me hope that leatherman hasn't 100% gone to crap yet.
I still hate their current logo but I feel this model is a sign of better things to come.

Last edited:
Mines en route and excited to receive it. A more simple, lightweight MT appeals to me and this coming from someone who likes and carries the Free p4. Maybe I'm just looking at each end of the spectrum 🤪

They put more into this model than I realized.
Usually modern updates come with a modern aesthetic and put me off, bit they put some interesting engineering into a relatively classic package.
The technological updates don't normally do anything for me, but had I not already ordered one I think these things would have sold me on the Bond.

I believe I'll take a hard pass.
The way the tools/blades are set up to be on the outside when the handles are open, they'll dig into the hand when using the pliers.
Thanks, but no thanks. I have an unused for that reason multi tool already. I don't need two ...

Back